xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

cant get my laptop 2 power on at all Acer Laptop

cant get my laptop 2 power on at all Acer Laptop

is there anything I can do 2 get my laptop 2 power on the power button don't seem 2 wanna work now it was working and had some days where it was picky but  now it wont work. what do I need 2 do 2 fix it and how much will it cost? 

-question by katie

cant get my laptop 2 power on at all

Acer Laptop

is there anything I can do 2 get my laptop 2 power on the power button don't seem 2 wanna work now it was working and had some days where it was picky but now it wont work. what do I need 2 do 2 fix it and how much will it cost?

-question by katie

it sounds like the button slowly stopped working, which probably means it`s a contact problem.

so if it`s still under warranty this problem should be covered. if the warranty expired than you can either open it yourself and clean the contact under the button or you can send it to a lab. this is a relatively easy fix so it shouldn`t cost too much.

i`m sayin` all this assumin` you can still see all the control leds light up when you connect it to a power supply. if the leds don`t light up when it`s connected to power than you might have a problem with either the battery or the AC power supply.

best of luck

:angel:

Firstly, drop the "2" its irritating, write "to" otherwise you will find no help here.Unplug the power cable and remove the battery. Leave it for 15 minutes. Replace just the power lead, and try to power it on.If that doesnt work take the lead (and battery) out, flip it upside down and remove the RAM modules. You will see a few panels on the back with screws, 1-3 of the screws will be labelled with something that looks like a smal;l rectangle with a few lines in it. These are the RAM cover screws. Take them out and keep them safely to one side. Under that cover you should see one or two rectangular sticks, probably green circuit boards. If not screw the cover back on and try another panel.Once located you will see two silver metal clips at either short edge of the RAM module. Pull these two clips *gently* away from the ram module at their loose ends. the module should spring upwards at an angle. Carefully remove it and rest it on a non metallic clean surface. Do the same for any other RAM modules you see. There should be no cables or other connectors on the modules. IF you see a board like i described with two small cables this is wireless internet module and should be ignored. Once removed flip the laptop over, plug in the power cord and try turning it on. If nothing happens you will need to either send it for repair or open it up. Opening it up could easily get really ugly. I wouldnt suggest it. But if you have a spare and arent too worried then remove the hard drive (if you can open a laptop then i dont need to tell you how to do that) and open it up. Check all connections.It could either be a loose connection with the power source or distributor or a BIOS on the blink. Neither option is solvable by you or anyone but a qualified technician im afraid.