xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

What Is The Meaning Of Life? you tell me the meaning of life

Well...if you truly realize why you are living, than you are on the right path to stop living! Let me explain...as we all see life is full of suffering such as pain, sickness, injury, tiredness, old age, and eventually death (joy is never permanent!!). The reason of all this suffering is our attachment to transient thing and beacuse this things are transient our loss and then suffering is inevitable. So the meaning of your life is that you truly realize that and when you do there is a happy news...there is a path to the end of this suffering...you must extinguish all form of attachment and when you are free of that than you will be in a state of permanent JOY (btw isnt joy what we are all seeking??). So, my meaning in life is trying not to be attached to all the things that surround me but i do know, that this is hard! (but once you realize it, you cant do anything else..believe me!)hope you understand...

I agree with JaVe where he stated that meaning of life is actually love. Well love makes actually newborns to this world and this is something that makes the world go around. People.And what is our path in meanwhile where we crawl this planet. Hard to tell. Best thing is to flow with the way that is meant for us, but sometimes this path is jsut too painfull. Just realised that in near past of my life. Maybe it will get better in the future :)

Life is like a school. You have to learn stuff and every day you learn new stuff. You get born and you learn to walk, talk, stuff like that. You go to school, learn things at school, but also learn how to behave (well most parens teach that to their children). You grow a bit older, you learn that the neighbour's cat doesn't like you. You become a teenager, you fall in love and learn about it. You grow up, you get married, get children, etc etc.. Get what I mean ^^ And when you die you will end up as a spirit, and when you're ready you will be sent back to earth as eg. a rabbit, frog or as a human again. If you decide to commit suicide in 'this' life, you will have to finish that anyway in a next life so committing suicide doesn't make sense.. Anyway, in this life you can be a caring mother and in your next life you can be a murderer. That's what I believe. :)

from the cadle to the grave we live as we do....we we do with life determines how we die.....life is the most unpredictable lesson....

Why bother questioning? Just live your life and if it's really problematic, think about it when you're like around 70 or 80 years old. And if you die anytime before that (God forbid) then well... ignorance is bliss, right?

The meaning of life...There really is no true meaning of it. Everyone interprets it a different way but I guess that's why this topic was made, so that we could see the various interpretations. >_> Go me.I personally think the meaning of life is to reproduce and to survive. Survive meanin, population survive, not individual survive. The reason why people think the meaning of life is to eat pizza, or to climb mount everest, is because those are a human's aspirations. The fact of the matter is, that humans have brains far too complex for us to even figure out. We tend to over think things and seem to think there is a set meaning of life. The meaning of life is sort of like the religious views of a person. It's what you believe. Every other animal, plant, living organism on this earth has one purpose to fulfil. Just to live on and survive as a population. I don't see why people have to differentiate themselves and think there's some special meaning or something, cause in the end, humans and animals are pretty much the same thing, we just think differently. >_>But ah, if there were some higher power out there such as a god, it could be looked at as unsure. Maybe the higher power has something in store for our kind and we're actually meant to destroy the sun or something. Who knows right?But as of the current human situation and what we know about ourselves and the world around us, I think it's all very simplistic. We eat, we sleep, we work. These are all mechanisms for us to survive. We survive, we reproduce, our population continues on. Again, only an opinion =/

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is:

:)

50023[/snapback]

ROTFLMAO... I only went into this post to see exactly how long it would take someone to come up with that answer.... I must say I was amused to see that it was the first reply.

Ok well 42 was one answer I read this topic, but come on are there no Monty Python fans in the house. I can tell you the meaning of life, it is really simple "people aren't wearing enough hats."PS> I ment to add this to the previous post I made, but I hit send too soon doh!! :)

Every one sounds so depressed when they write this " the meaning of like is meaningless because your not remembered" and **** like that.... gosh.... it's like nothing ever good has happened to anyone. the point of like is death. I know that might not make sense to some people but it does if you really think about it. it's boring to go through life like nothing ever happens. just as if your life is meaningless and every day is a "thank god it's over" kind of day. who wants to go through life just sitting on your *bottom*?even if you don't make it to the big times or what ever and your happy, what else matters? do outrageous, fun, stupid, smart, crazy and cool things with your life....wow I sound like someones motherbut whatever....live life to the fullest, don't regret anything

the meaning of life

What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Replying to electriic inkI have to say that I used to agree with you about the meaning of life going to collgee etc and working etc but I think differebnt the meaning of life is more of a oppurtunity.and I'm sure ull agree that its better to have that than nothing you seee life is an oppitunity to go find love do what it is you love etc life coulde be amazing if that is what you make it but if you feel negative about this opputunity life will be crap.

-reply by Rhowan