xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

What Is The Meaning Of Life? you tell me the meaning of life

I think we were put here on earth to discover something greater..something that can't be contained to a word..Like love, faith, and happiness. These things can't be described by just a word.. Love has to much power, to many levels..Same goes for the rest. We are placed on earth to touch another person like as guide or friend..Whether we know each other or not our existence in this world is connected to a bigger picture...Lol, I wish this question was posed in my philosophy class.

What is the meaning of life? Well, that's a subjective question, obviously.Each person has a "meaning of life" per se. To me, the meaning of lifeis to be the best person you can be. Strive to reach your goals. Work hard. Enjoy the moments you have with your family and friends. Enjoylife (I don't mean like partying 24-hours-a-day, I mean travelling andthat sort of thing). Be kind and helpful to others. Stand up for what isright. This is what I believe is the meaning of life. Simple concepts I'd say.

life=> You really don't relize it's true meaning until you get older. You have to figure it out yourself, no one else can tell you what you're meant to do in your life. Everyone has a different meaning in life.Natrually, I hear once you figure out the meaning in life, you're prepared to die. It sounds scary *shivers*

I think the meaning of life to to die. We are all going to die. Its the only thing we will all do, apart from eating, breathing, born and stuff.

I would have to say this is a question that has been haunting the human race since it's first intelligent thought. It's been around longer than any recorded history and no one will ever be given or have a definitive answer. It's a never-ending puzzle that will probably drive you crazy if you obsess about finding the answer. To tell you the truth, I don't think there really is an answer. At least, not one that anyone would understand. Besides all of that, if you actually did find the answer to this question, would you really want to know? If you knew the answer to the question of the meaning of life, what fun would you have living? It would take away purpose and fun in your life and you wouldn't have anything else to live for. I'm sure a lot of people don't believe that if they knew the meaning of life they would feel any different about their lives. But if this question has eluded the human race for so long, what makes people think we could handle it if it were answered? I say, don't worry about it. If you live your life to it's full potential, doing what you want to do, becoming who you want to be, the meaning of life is pointless because you lived it and had a wonderfully fulfilling life. That's all that really matters. I remember a quote from a book I once read that fits into this. "Don't let life lead you in circles, take the rein's and make life what you want." I believe this quote to be one of the more intelligent things I've read and don't believe that life is given to you, you make it. That's all there is... Live with it!

thre is no meaning of life, we're just here like anything else, like any other animal, we live, reproduce and die...once you are gone you are gone, some people might remember you some might not, but after a few generations you are forgotten and that's it, no mening at all just another ghost passing by this so called planet earth...

I think you have to define your own meaning of life. Life is living and living your life the way you want is defining your life.Create your definition and live life to the fullest. Short and sweet, that's my advice.Of course, eat more fruits and vegetables and give more love. Give someone meaning in their lives.-Shackman

Dude that is a seriously hard question that could potentially create more than it answers but hey I'm all for attempting things I relly shouldn't so here we good....I think that the meaning of life is too enjoy the limited time we have heer and to attempt to leave something that helps towards the greater good, but from a scientific view, which is where most of my veiws come form, Then the meaning of life is too help in furthering both human understanding and surviving, but these are just my views towards what is possibly the most complicated question ever.

The meaning of life...an unwritten concept that doesn't pose anything near the meaning of specific. It's a matter of opinion.But in my opinion, the meaning of life can be boiled down to two things.-Live life to the fullest-Be happy

the meaning of life is vague. . . :D The basic point of a humans life is to reproduce. . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . there :D done, . . .next question :DI don't believe there is any deep philospihical meaning for life. People just hope there is soemthing more to it than jsut reproducing and raising offspring to make themselves feel better :Dthats my opinion anyway . . . .

All I can say is why do you people care if you have a "meaning?" Why does there have to be a reason. I believe that those that follow ask for those kind of things. They ask for others to tell them what they should do, why they should live and make them believe that they need to be a part of groups and yet not truly think about themselves.I never liked this question because it only makes me feel that humans can't think for themselves, they need some higher being to tell them what to do. I find it pathetic.

I would have to say this is a question that has been haunting the human race since it's first intelligent thought. It's been around longer than any recorded history and no one will ever be given or have a definitive answer. It's a never-ending puzzle that will probably drive you crazy if you obsess about finding the answer. To tell you the truth, I don't think there really is an answer. At least, not one that anyone would understand.

Besides all of that, if you actually did find the answer to this question, would you really want to know? If you knew the answer to the question of the meaning of life, what fun would you have living? It would take away purpose and fun in your life and you wouldn't have anything else to live for. I'm sure a lot of people don't believe that if they knew the meaning of life they would feel any different about their lives. But if this question has eluded the human race for so long, what makes people think we could handle it if it were answered?

I say, don't worry about it. If you live your life to it's full potential, doing what you want to do, becoming who you want to be, the meaning of life is pointless because you lived it and had a wonderfully fulfilling life. That's all that really matters. I remember a quote from a book I once read that fits into this.

"Don't let life lead you in circles, take the rein's and make life what you want."

I believe this quote to be one of the more intelligent things I've read and don't believe that life is given to you, you make it. That's all there is... Live with it!

53707[/snapback]

I find this topic smart...yet stupid at the same time...Your warning everyone NOT

to look for the meaning of life...but now by posting about it is brought into peoples

minds and now they may go looking for it. Knowing the meaning of life...may or

may NOT be a bad thing.

The reason for this is that if the meaning of life is to goto heaven...or

have ..pleasure...or something of that nature ...it may be a good thing...but if it is

to goto hell or die or anything that may be bad in your opinion it COULD be a bad

thing...Although it may take some fun out of life...it may add to it...the Pride or

reaching that goal and knowing you reached it or attempting to reach that

goal...you get my point I hope.

"In aternum (Forever)"

"Gnothi Seauton (Know thyself).

"Non Sur Qualis Eram (I am not what I used to be)"

These quotes may seem irrelavant to you...but just think about them...maybe you will get the meanings and how they relate.

I think there?s not a global meaning. Each one of us, with our decisions and way of life have to make that sense... of course all these individual "meanings" are linked but we have to choose. I don?t believe in God or fate, so there isn?t a meaning of life before we come here. We make it, try to make it, or not. Probably if we think too much about it, we?ll go crazy... so better not worrying :angry: