xisto Community
bigboss

Mac Or Windows? or both? whats your preference?

There are strong points of all three of the main OS's (Windows, Mac, and Linux) Windows by far has the most compatability, and is more common, therefore more software is created for it. Macintosh has much better graphical display, but also reverses the close screen. Linux is the most powerful, and when it comes to hosting servers it crushes Window and Mac hands down. My verdict if Linux was included: 1st place: (tie) Windows, Linux 2nd place MacFrom your question:1st place Windows2nd place Mac

Linux owns both. Except that Mac has a buncha tools and other stuff. Actualy...it's all in prefrence. Windows is what most people use cause of the games, and cause people don't know about other Operating Systems. Mac is used mostly by college people. And then theres awesome Linux which is used for servers and programming. My choice is Linux.

Generally Macs cost more. maybe because the case and monitor looks way better than Windows powered computers and their generic cases. I would say Windows. more compatibility and i think you have more hardware parts to work with it. But if you want Linux too you could dual boot.

As much as I hate Microsoft, I am stuck to Windows 98. I like the Mac's interface, but I like Windows better. But to be more specific, I like Windows 98 a lot more than the newer versions of Windows (like Windows XP and Windows 2000). Plus, I'm too lazy to change to a Macanyways. I understand that it has a lot of great software (especially graphics software), but I'm just so used to Windows that I feel that there isn't a point to learning how to use another OS. I know Windowsso well. ;)

I prefer Windows over other OSes. main reason is because 99% of the software is written for windows. games and all run better on windows. graphics programs are better on macs, but i don't have the $ for one. And other than gaming, i prefer XP pro over 98.If you know how to customise it, you can tweak it higher than 98, plus you've got NTFS.Don't know enuf about Linux to give my opinion on it.