xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kjtrini

Complaint About Usa Tax System

he current tax system angers me. Giving away money to old people, to children, to women who can't support their children, to disabled people, to old people (it's worth repeating). It's essentially government mandated compassion.There are millions of people dying and starving everyday. If you want to willingly donate to those people fine, but the government shouldn't force you to give them your money because "They need it more" this isn't communism, money shouldn't be assigned based on need. The workers earned the money, not the needy, it's the workers to decide whether or not I want to help the needy. Someone gets hurt in an accident, and calls 911 when they can't afford good care. Who foots the bill for that? The tax payers of course. Someone gets injured and can no longer work? The tax payers support them. I honestly think having children that you can not support (Due to carelessness of course, not due to matters you're unable to control, such as being raped) should be punishable by death, or torture. It is of course very sad that the children don't have adequate care, but it is not the responsibility of the nation to take care of them. By having a child you can't support, it's almost like you're murdering that child, as they never had a chance for a true life. As for older people? It is their responsibility to make sure that they have enough money to support themselves, if they don't plain ahead, they only have themselves to blame. It is not the tax payers fault that these old people don't have enough money to support themselves. What is even worse is the "grandparents" who are on the tax doll. Here they are having a bunch of children and they can't even support themselves!Another note, I think criminals that are %100 undeniably guilty should be forced to work in order to pay for their meals. Not a horrible job, just an ordinary, boring repetitive job that uses up a lot of their time. We shouldn't have to foot the bill to feed criminals either. Forcing people to pay others because "they need it more" is completely unnecessary and unfair. The point of taxes is to buy things that benifit society. Like having a strong police force, courts, roads and traffic lights, etc. Supporting old people who can no longer support themselves and supporting disabled does not benefit society, in fact, it is quite the contrary. We might as well pay for every starving person in the world, or just have communism if we're going to pay for everyone who "needs" the money.

sorry. i read your whole post and you have VERY LITTLE understanding in what pays for what. BUT, for what the government does pay, it's deserved to the people who have already paid in to the system. exceptions could be welfare or ssi. if we didn't have those programs, all there would be is more homelessness and people starving(at least under your plan)...and the way you talk about the elderly and the disabled makes me sick that someone could be so cold.but don't talk about what you don't know. most government programs come from grants. grants that are given BY the people or corporations willing to give to a non profit for tax purposes. it's not just the united states, it's the states, cities and counties that have their own programs as well. so they are going to have to spend the money somehow or there would be excess money that deserved to be spent back on the people and general public. it's not like they are keeping it for themselves.if you don't like paying taxes, there are legal ways you can avoid paying, but then you are seperating yourself from the services you would normally recieve if you DID pay taxes(at least your federal taxes and social security and disability insurance). but within a state, you can easily avoid them by starting your own business...or several small ones. ligitimate enough to where you don't even have to pay taxes on food or clothes or anything else for that matter.as far as criminals, yes, they should ALL be put on work programs or do double their time. i don't believe in slave labor though so they can at least be paid minimum wage so when they get out, it would be easier for them to get started with their new life rather than just be put on the streets with nothing where it would be easier to commit the same crimes because they have nothing anyway...sad part to me though in what our taxes pay for, not many people take advantage of those programs....especially the low income ones and the free energy assistance. i mean, if you don't have enough to pay your electric or gas, there's a program in every county in the u.s. that will either fill up your gas tank in the winter, or pay your overdue electric. and if you are one of those people who don't need assistance, than be GRATEFULL rather than annoyed that someof that money is coming from your own pocket when you pay taxes and instead of being grumpy, smile.....knowing you have given to someone in need and knowing that living in the united states is a good thing when you know there are programs out there(including being taxed) where it's about people helping people.do you even know the history of taxes in the united states and where they first started taxing u.s. citizens? it's interesting reading. some say we are being taxed illegally, which we are not. we just pay without questioning it because we think it's illegal not to pay. but it's not if you avoid paying taxes LEGALLY, but you have to take the steps. i would be more concerned with government control and the rights we should have rather than complain about taxes that you really don't know much about it would seem....

Well it is still unfair for our hard earned money to be used by people who dont even work for it, all it is doing is making less time on what we can spend on our luxuries. Lets say you were saving up for a tv, and then you get the tax thing and says you have to pay the extra $2000, wouldn't you be mad?

no. that would never happen to me. would pretty much know exactly how much tax i need to pay every year. also, for most people, taxes are deducted automatiocally so it would be rare to have to pay an extra 2k unless you work for yourself and not budgeting very good for your taxes every year.

Taxes are different in most of countries, but generally they do the same, it's good to pay taxes, but most of people are mad about, that they see how those taxes are used, they could really be used much more efficiently, but it seems that it's impossible to control all these financial stuff.Without taxes, I wouldn't imagine any other form of income for the country and I think your live would be even harder if those poor people or ill people wouldn't get compensations and etc. They would for example steal your money while you would be walking home.If they are citizens and they can't work, like disabled people and etc. so somebody needs to take care of them, I doubt everyone would donate and it would be enough, you need to pay taxes and you don't need to care where the money goes, you due it by voting and reading for who you vote and what is their program.I personally, pay taxes and I never go to hospitals, due to I'm quite healthy, I don't use the services of police or fireman, but I used to go to school for free, I get a stipend at the university, I don't pay for my studies, due to I study well (I'm not from USA so a lot of what might be different due to different constitution and laws ) So somebody pays for me to get this..But imagine if I will get disabled, I payed taxes for 20 years, so as a citizen I want to get compensations, due to I can't work as I used to and can't feed my family, but I paid taxes for lets say 20 years and that is why I will get something, somebody works Today to help me, I worked years ago and helped somebody too..I agree that some taxes are really stupid and makes the average people more "poor" when you need to pay them, but generally taxes are good.And there will always be lazy people, who avoid paying taxes and might even live all their live from tax payers money, it would be utopia if everyone would be like good and working people.To add a little, I also think that USA taxes and debts, income is quite messy and strange and can influence on all the world economics as we saw in 2008-2009 years.

I'm betting you didn't vote for Obama! :angel: (or if you did your dang sure sorry now, lol) I agree with you to a point, but not all your points. Old people get money back from the government because IT WAS THEIR MONEY TO START WITH. It's called social security. You pay it in from your income for your entire working life. But the government gets to keep it for you. (and of course, invest it unwisely, and maybe collect interest on it) I do agree that people who are too lazy to work should not be paid by the government. If you have children you should have to feed and cloth them yourself. If you can't affored kids don't have any. But my biggest gripe about our current tax situation is the personal property tax. You never truely own anything. Make payments for 20 years on your home and if you don't pay those taxes, the government will take it away from you. Now that really SUCKS!!!