xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

New Generation Of Dell Notpad With Touch Screen

hi, everyone. a few days ago i was watching a tv program about new technology and DELL new notepad was one of them. it was really great presentation so i made a quick search on the net and here it is

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the total of my research is these information

NEW 2010 Intel? Core? i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)

Genuine Windows? 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

17.3? HD+ (900p) Bright LED Display with TrueLife? and Camera

8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

4GB1 Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

500GB2 7200 RPM3 SATA Hard Drive

Intel? HD Graphics

Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled

Intel? Centrino? Advanced-N 6200

the price form DELL website about 999$

now do you think it is worth to buy a one ???

in my opinion, all the features of this notepad can be found in any other notepad, sometimes if we upgrade our laptop (for laptops that allow upgrades like adding RAM) it is possible to get something near to these features. but still the touchscreen , it is unique, to this generation, not very popular right now and of course fun to use. but is it worth to buy a laptop about 999$ just to have a touchscreen, to me, sometimes i think it is not very suitable for girls because we have long nails :angel:

but i am sure i will add it to my wish list

now what do you think of this laptop?

Hi!HP has been selling the TouchSmart series of desktops with the Intel Atom processor and the Intel Core 2 Duo processors for a while, and I think they introduced a touch screen notebook too. The problem with most of their touch screen computers is that they are either equipped with an Intel Atom processor or a very anemic processor that isn't worth the price.Lenovo's Thinkpad series has the flagship Thinkpad W510 that comes with a multi touch screen. The screen is available as an option so if you are ordering one online or purchasing it from a store, do make sure that it is the model with the multi touch feature. It comes with a Core i7 processor and is specc'ed to the max. If you're looking for an Alienware-like notebook PC with a business look, you might want to check out the Lenovo Thinkpad W510.I have been looking around for an alternative to Lenovo due to the inavailability of the units, and an alternative to HP that comes with better hardware, and Dell seems to be joining the pack. I'm a little uncertain about the manufacturing quality of the units though because everyone I have known with a Dell has had problems after the first year, which is when the warranty doesn't cover any repairs and the service center charges an exorbitant amount for repairs. For mainstream computing on a budget, Dell and HP lead the pack but Lenovo's Ideapad and Thinkpad Edge seem to be catching up.

I have been looking around for an alternative to Lenovo due to the inavailability of the units, and an alternative to HP that comes with better hardware, and Dell seems to be joining the pack. I'm a little uncertain about the manufacturing quality of the units though because everyone I have known with a Dell has had problems after the first year, which is when the warranty doesn't cover any repairs and the service center charges an exorbitant amount for repairs. For mainstream computing on a budget, Dell and HP lead the pack but Lenovo's Ideapad and Thinkpad Edge seem to be catching up.

i don't know about the other company. but i have DELL laptop. i have it about 2 years ago and it works great till now. but i should admit that the AC charger for DELL isn't that good i changed the charger four times but all of them not original just the first one. i can assure you that DELL is more powerful than HP i say that by experience. because i have a little baby girl who is very fond of computers, she did things you can never imagine to my laptop, but it still working fine. by the way my DELL is inspiron 1520.

the total of my research is these information

the price form DELL website about 999$

now do you think it is worth to buy a one ???

in my opinion, all the features of this notepad can be found in any other notepad, sometimes if we upgrade our laptop (for laptops that allow upgrades like adding RAM) it is possible to get something near to these features. but still the touchscreen , it is unique, to this generation, not very popular right now and of course fun to use. but is it worth to buy a laptop about 999$ just to have a touchscreen, to me, sometimes i think it is not very suitable for girls because we have long nails :angel:
but i am sure i will add it to my wish list

now what do you think of this laptop?

Wow that's an awesome laptop. To answer your question on whether on not it's worth buying or not, I think you need to ask yourself that question. First of all, do you need that many specs, memory? Are you used to the touch screen or is it a new experience? A lot of people wouldn't want to get a new laptop and then be forced to learn how to use it and waste all that time on that aspect. Thirdly, is 999 in your budget? Around two years ago I got a laptop with pretty decent specs for 600 dollars. It obviously was not touch screen and it used Windows Vista, so it didn't have 7. Since then, I have gone ahead and upgraded the specs a bit. It had only 2gb of RAM and I went ahead and added an extra 2gb for performance. So yeah, this laptop is really awesome, but you need to ask yourself if it's really what you want/need.

Wow that's an awesome laptop. To answer your question on whether on not it's worth buying or not, I think you need to ask yourself that question. First of all, do you need that many specs, memory? Are you used to the touch screen or is it a new experience? A lot of people wouldn't want to get a new laptop and then be forced to learn how to use it and waste all that time on that aspect. Thirdly, is 999 in your budget? Around two years ago I got a laptop with pretty decent specs for 600 dollars. It obviously was not touch screen and it used Windows Vista, so it didn't have 7. Since then, I have gone ahead and upgraded the specs a bit. It had only 2gb of RAM and I went ahead and added an extra 2gb for performance. So yeah, this laptop is really awesome, but you need to ask yourself if it's really what you want/need.

in fact, i believe that this memory maybe not enough for me :angel:
my hard drive is 160 GB, and it is full. even c drive, i hardly try to keep 40% from it empty. i have an external harm either about 120 GB and it is almost full also. all this because i have a lot of ebooks, songs, vedio movies for my baby. also me and my husband always installing programs that are related to our jobs and it took a lot of hard either c drive or other drives. all of them are big volume programs, like photoshop cs3, dreamweaver cs3, corel draw, visual studio 2008, xampp, ilustrator. added the standards like office, real player, opera, firefox, aobe reader, winrare...ect.all of them after installed will be a bout 1GB and needs much more space to run correctly.

about touchscreen even i love to have one, i can't imagine what will my baby girl do with it. so i think i will satisfy by upgrading my laptop. but i will keep in mind to have one of that kind.

Hi!I've read a review recently of the Dell Studio 17 Touch laptop and it seems to be pretty reasonable priced, seeing the difference between the models with touch screens and the models without (perhaps about 40 pounds). The price of the Dell Studio 17 touch was about 1,000 pounds which seems to be pretty reasonable. Although I haven't really wanted a Dell after several classmates and co-workers have had issues with Dell laptops, I might consider a purchase seeing how the price makes the laptop with touchscreen quite affordable.It might take a while till I see any of the touchscreen laptops at stores in my region so I'm not out to purchase one yet.