xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Samleeuwenburg

How To Get Started? How to get started using the free hosting service from trap17

Hey all, I am having some trouble understanding the myCENT system, I really want to open a free website with Xisto but I need to know some things first.- How many posts do you need to make per month ? ( to maintain a basic package )- How much myCENT is one post- How much myCENT's do you need each month- if I do not make enought posts in a month what will happen to the missing payment? ( will my site shutdown, or will i have debt etc. ? )also how do I link my Xisto.com account to my Xisto - Support.com account ? or is this done automatically?I love these forums already so I would love to stay here, but I need to know these things for sure.Thanks alot in advanceGr Sam

- How many posts do you need to make per month ? ( to maintain a basic package )

The requirement to stop your account being closed for inactivity is to just post occasionally on the forums. If your account is being used, there's no risk of it being closed for inactivity.

- How much myCENT is one post

That varies, mainly depending on the length of the post. Longer posts = more myCENTs. After making a few posts you'll get a feel for how many myCENTs each one earns you.

- How much myCENT's do you need each month

Hosting starts at $1.95 (195 myCENTs) per month and goes up from there.

- if I do not make enought posts in a month what will happen to the missing payment? ( will my site shutdown, or will i have debt etc. ? )

Your billing account goes into debt. Leave it too long and your site could get suspended or even removed. If you haven't earned enough myCENTs to cover an invoice, you can pay with normal methods (credit/debit card, PayPal, etc.) using 'real' money.

also how do I link my Xisto.com account to my Xisto - Support.com account ? or is this done automatically?

Sign up at https://support.xisto.com/ using the same email address you used for your forum account. When you have over 5 posts your accounts get linked automatically.

This post might be slightly off topic to your original question, but here it goes.I've been frantically trying to write inquires such as this for the last two weeks (when I decided to get started utilizing Xisto). Don't feel too bad if you have to ask a bunch of questions, or if you get agitated initially because something doesn't seem to be going right. It'll all makes sense a couple of weeks into it!As long as you get to know a few of the popular folk here, such as jlhaslip, BuffaloHelp, anwiii, Soviet Rathe--just to name a few that I have begun to correspond with, particularly over the Shoutbox--you will have a better / fun time, and because people know your personality, there's (hopefully) less of a chance that you will be warned or banned if they know that you are simply ignorant to a rule, rather than lazy and unobliging.