Ash-Bash

Saitek Eclipse Ii (pk02av) Keyboard Review

Saitek Eclipse II (PK02AV) Keyboard Review

Posted Image
Overall Rating:
Posted Image5

Intro:
RRP: ?39.99 Price: ?30.76
After my logitech g15 keyboard braking (due to an accident with some pepsi) I went on ebay and ordered this Saitek Eclipse II. Now I was thinking this would be a lot worse the the G15 however it was not.

Overview:
This is the best keyboard I have ever owned, The colours make it easy to see and give it a good look, The controls at the top right are easy to reach with these you can skip music tracks, Play and stop music change the brightness of the keyboard, Turn up or down the volume, Mute and change the colour (Red,Blue,Purple, None). The detachable wrist rest makes it ideal for any work environment whether its Work or home.

This keyboard has a very good feel when typing and is very quite compared to other keyboards in this high end range.

Overall an Excellent product, I would recommend anyone who has the money to buy this.

Nice keyboard. The overview sounds good, and the picture looks nice too. But Ash, try not to spill coke on this one mate, and perhaps not letting your little puppy bite the wires this time? :)

My puppy old goes for my laptop charger which I have now hidden in fortnox :). I really would recommend you buy this superb keyboard.

When I built my new PC I got one of these keyboards. I'm not a fan of the new 'chiclet' keyboards that copy Apple's awful design on their new keyboards. The Saitek Eclipse II has 'proper' keys and a proper layout, yet remains fairly compact compared to most other high-end keyboards out at the moment. It also cuts down on frill, which is something I approve of - the only extra keys are the media controls, which are nicely done and don't destroy the overall keyboard layout. My only slight complaint would be that the media keys are not backlit like the rest of the keyboard, so if you like to work bathed just in the glow of the keyboard and monitor, you'll have to learn which keys do what. Other that that it has been exemplary in every way and I cannot possibly recommend it enough - if you need a new keyboard, buy this one.

RRP: ?39.99 Price: ?30.76

Got mine for ?19.99 :) Bargaining with staff in shops is surprisingly effective.

I am agreed with you rvalkass. It does seem a little odd why the whole of the keyboard apart from the media keys are not backlit, Tough the brightness changer is. Never mind I am sure there will be more versions on this keyboard to come out in the future. I was looking at getting the optimus maximums keyboard but I very much hate the weight and largeness of this keyboard, I also think I would not customize it to much I think its just a 'Fun' Keyboard. They where cheaper than that on Ebay however they where used :/.