xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyabc

Death On The Fast Track The Olympic player

I thought it important to note the death of the Georgian, Nodar Kumaritashvili, Olympic luge player who died on the luge track in Canada. He was taking a route down the track on the opening day of ceremonies, on a practice run only hours before the big celebration.I'll leave it for the rest of you to comment, but I ask that you be respectful...

I heard about it too, on the NBC news after a few hours though, they showed him going down the track and he was taking a turn and went kind of 'over' it and he died instantly, the sad part is that they showed it ALL on NBC , even when they performed CPR to his lifeless body! They showed a dead person getting cpr in national television to get some dam ratings!

that's life. that's news bud, get over it. should the news only cover the living? yea it's sad. personally, i don't object to things like that because the news hides too much crap as it is or makes up stories just to present some "news" for the ratings. should the news have showed people drowning when when the psunami killed lives? what about the after effects of an earthquake?. there is one good thing about showing a terrible loss to nations or even just one nation. it makes it readily public information so other people can be supportive. to hide tragedy is to take away the potential of support people can give.

was the media taking advantage of a situation just to get ratings? no. i didn't see them take advantage of anything for just rating. they were doing their job. they were reporting the news. life isn't a disney channel nor should we limit the news to g ratings.

I heard about it too, on the NBC news after a few hours though, they showed him going down the track and he was taking a turn and went kind of 'over' it and he died instantly, the sad part is that they showed it ALL on NBC , even when they performed CPR to his lifeless body! They showed a dead person getting cpr in national television to get some dam ratings!

Yes I saw this on news, and it is a horrible story about sports. It's just more horrible than soccer games heart stops. But I also read that it was something that could be avoided by creators of such stadiums.