xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

An Idea For Trap17 Forums a way to earn more mycents

i have always had idea floating around in my head about Xisto. i always like thinking about how i can make things better. i don't really offer my suggestions much but i thought i would throw one of them out there...we get mycents for replying to posts and creating new posts and topics. my idea surounds what posts we create with the "new topic" button. yes, we get mycents for that. i would like to see a system where we would actually get a % of the mycents that people would normally get by replying to the topics we create. this, i think would be an exciting feature that would promote more users to start new topics and be more creative to start topics that would be of interest to many people since their mycents would rise with the more replies to their topic.so lets say i create a topic. i get 30 mycents for my post. someone replies. they now get their mycents for their own post. let's say they get 20 mycents. since i started the thread, i would get 5-10%(or whatever % seems adaquate) of the amount the replier made. in this case it would be 20 times 5-10% which would be an extra 1 or two mycents just for starting the thread.anyway, i really like this idea to be incorporated since it WILL promote more topics which would mean more new topics to be replied to. if everything goes as planned, it will create more posting and more originality as well. it will also create GOOD topics that people think others will reply. there are some cons to it, but overall, i think it would be a better system as we have now and everyone wins in the long run. it benefits everyone. not just the users, but the owners.anway, that's my suggestion. feel free to knock it apart :Dand btw- i have another suggestion. fix the shoutbox! :)

That's very good idea! I wish OpaQue or Buffalohelp will write some new codes for that and fix up the forum. It would attract way more people to this site and start posting if we made some gaint chances around here and promoted the site. It could become a site with thousands of members that post every day! This system will could really create some interesting topics around here, and we will be more addicted to this place.

Good idea anwii. For once I actually like one of them. :DBy what yu mean "getting 1 mycent" I thought that was gonna be bad. :( Then I carried on reading and realised. Coding this feature also would take would wouldn't it, since OpaQue would need to integrate that into the system. But, what about having the option in our User Control Panel for a MyCENT area? Where we can view our MyCENTs, send members MyCENTs etc. I'd be happy to code a MyCENT area for IPB exclusively for Xisto. :)

Wow! Your a genius. That would promote people to not post one liners and stuff like that. That would be a really good idea. The only thing is I don't think it will ever happen. Maybe if the percentage is high enough. People would just look at the "More myCENTS for people posting in your topics" and they will think wow I need to make interesting topics that people will actually want to post in. I don't think that the percentage would be very high. Hell if they said they did this and they actually didn't and for whatever reason I knew about it I would be fine about it just because of all the good things it would promote. :) Nice idea.

one of them? haha like i said, i RARELY make suggestions. i have replied to other peoples suggestions, but i think the last suggestion i made was more hosting options when you sign up after the mycents system was implimented. i guess it was taken in to consideration since instead they did increase the packages. that was a long time ago when i made that suggestion though.

yea, i was always in favor of being able to transfer mycents or credits. there are pros and cons to that though. the cons are that some users wont feel the need to post since they are getting free mycents or credits without posting. this con is short term when credits or mycents are in abundance. the pro to this is that the mycents and credits can flow more rapidly and be used up. it will also promote new users who sign up just to recieve the free mycents or credits from a friend or stranger. in the long run, when mycents and credits are not in abundance, then the new users who want to keep their hosting and domains will NEED to post. i always liked that feature in the old system even though i never used it except to give to the trap awards.

as far as my suggestion. good topics generate pages of replies so for each good topic, one could easily generate $1-$2 dollars off one topic post that may have only generated 30 mycents originally. to impliment a system like this would probably have to lower some of the mycents we get for posting or replying to a topic. this suggestion would NOT be good for users who spam or force posts but would promote better quality responses to gain more mycents from the new system and promote better topics. the idea behind reducing mycents for replies or new topics may sound bad at first, but in the long term, i think everyone would benefit. trap makes a good chunk of money from good seo and ads. and i can see the revenues increase from the ads with this system. also, anyone who signed up with kontera and linked their account to trap would also probably see their revenues increase(as little as it may be) since my suggestion promotes new topics made, users get a higher percentage of kontera earnings(what is it....50%?) for any new topics.

since trap is mostly originally coded, i would also like to see a referral program here on one or two levels. maybe 25-50 mycents or so for each referral. and if on two levels, 25 mycents for each sub referral. it would bring in more users when users create their website and opt to promote Xisto.

Good idea anwii. For once I actually like one of them. :D
By what yu mean "getting 1 mycent" I thought that was gonna be bad. :( Then I carried on reading and realised. Coding this feature also would take would wouldn't it, since OpaQue would need to integrate that into the system. But, what about having the option in our User Control Panel for a MyCENT area? Where we can view our MyCENTs, send members MyCENTs etc. I'd be happy to code a MyCENT area for IPB exclusively for Xisto. :)