xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pokerm0n

Printer Sharing Between Xp (32bit) And Windows 7 (64bit) Problems need help, any suggestions?

Hi everyone,I am currently presented with a dilemma, I have a desktop running a 32-bit Windows XP Media Edition in my room and another running the 64-bit Home Premium Windows 7 in my office. Now the problem is that I have a HP Deskjet 3920 attached in the office and I used to have my old 64-bit Vista unit and my XP unit linked via a home network connection, which allowed me to print from my room to the office, however with this 64-bit Windows 7 this proves to be a problem. It says I need to install the 32-bit drivers for the printer on the Windows 7 unit. I didn't have the original disc for the printer so I downloaded an .iso file of the original disc and tried to install it that way. However it still told me that the .inf file couldn't be found or was the wrong version, even though it was the Disc ISO for the Deskjet 3900 series.So the question is, how can I link to the printer from an 32-bit XP unit to a 64-bit Windows 7 Unit?Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you,Pokerm0n

1) Ensure Printer on XP machine is shared - assume it's called SHAREDPRINTER.2) On the Network Browsing on your Windows 7 machine ensure you can "See" the Printer share.Now on the Windows 7 machine do the following (doesn't matter if it's X-86 or x-64).3) Control Panel==> add LOCAL (Yes LOCAL) printer. I know it's on a Network but hold your horses -- what we are actually doing is "Poodlefaking" the Windows 7 machine into thinking it's running the printer.4) Create NEW port==>Local port5) Portname is \\XPMACHINE\SHAREDPRINTER6) Now Windows 7 will load a driver and you'll be able to print on the XP machine.Simple(For a "Network stand alone printer") at 4) chose TCPIP portand at 5) enter the IP address.If the printer is on the Windows 7 machine and you want to print on the XP machine then do the same instructions on the XP machine --port name in this case will be \\W7MACHINE\SHAREDPRINTER

My os is windows xp 32 i have a printer hp M1522n i install my printer on windows xp 32 bit system but i have a problem in my network i have a windows 7 64 bit i face a problem to share this printer kindly give me a solution about the problem