xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

60th Earth Hour 2010 the earth hour

Please tell me if my topic is posted in an unappropriate section and move it since this section is about nature and I saw some post about earth, global warming so I think I am on the right track.

Hello I just want to share this precious hour not only us we do but mostly some peoples all over the world
do participate in this event and it is called "EARTH HOUR"

What is earth hour?
it is the time where so much people, organizations, companies, corporations, different races participate and turn
off their lights in just an hour. because we are concern about the power shortage problems that we are experiencing now here
in our country and other country.

This is a good idea to save some electricity and keep the help the environment and fight the climate change that is happening today
take note that also the drivers are not driving in this hours. alot of discipline and concern to our planet is needed.
Earth Hour sends a clear message that people care about this issue and want to turn the lights out on dirty air, dangerous dependency on foreign oil and costly climate change impacts, and make the switch to cleaner air, a strong economic future and a more secure nation.

so how about joining the campaign and sign in the petition? support this campaign please so that our child if ever we will have one or two will experience a fresh air, a green forest, a blue ocean and white rivers. Don't put our beloved planet into destruction or doom. Let's all unite for this.

add banners or logos into your site to show your concern about earth and do a move.. Bro you can make a change

To join please go below..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What is earth hour? it is the time where so much people, organizations, companies, corporations, different races participate and turn
off their lights in just an hour. because we are concern about the power shortage problems that we are experiencing now here
in our country and other country.

the 60th?
i don't know if it was already that much, it just declared last year in indonesia (my country) and i thought it was only once and the very first :)

anyway, though it is good to let the earth have its "healthy hour", and maybe it need more hours later because of more and more polution and disruption from the people everyday passed, it seems many people just doesn't care about it. now let us think, it is ONLY 1 hour to save billions of energy (as like they said, don't know how it counted that much) and our next generation, yet many people have no intention to do it. just why? (yeah, why?). the earth hour i know last year was occurred in the night, and i saw those streets, malls, and shops soooo bright. sure they don't have the guts to let the nightly dark came, do they? i hope the next one will be better

wooooh...I think you are mistaken...its actually NOT THE 60th! Not even close. Earth Hour started just three years ago in 2007. But its had to believe in this short period of time, a one hour, one-time action by two million people in Sydney, Australia, has grown into an international movement with nearly one billion participants. Last year there were participants in 87 countries. Some of the major landmarks that shut off their lights for an hour included the Parthenon in Athens, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament in London, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, and if I am not mistaken also the Sydney Opera House. According to the Earth Hour site, it was the largest mass action in human history.I think you didn't give the timings so that anyone can join.. Earth Hour 2010 will take place on Sunday, March 27th, from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm local time, wherever you are.The best part of this event is to wake up the morning after Earth Hour and look at the newspaper to see the Earth in like a shadow of darkness!

ohh I mistakenly put it wrong and did express it wrong, aha lol sorry for that, the 60 means, A 60 Minutes turning off the powersorry about that, it was supposed to be like 60 mins earth hour but I did put it like 60th because of my sleeping mindanyway forgive me in my mistake guys :Dhope you will participate and join the campaign :) thank you so much and have a good day..EARTH Rockz!