xisto Community
Nelson Blogs

Avoiding Tax Id Forms?

A few days ago, my friend and I were talking about InfoLinks and Kontera. ?We were looking on their websites and found out that before you can get your first payment, you need to send in a Tax ID Form. ?I noticed that this is only required for people living in the United States. ?Is it possible to change your country during registration to avoid having to send in tax forms? ?If you have a U.S. paypal account, will they bounce the payment?Thanks for you help!

PayPal works hard to preserve its image. And now that eBay and PayPal are one in the same company, PayPal will not do anything to anger IRS--your tax collector.If your PayPal account is US based (because you need to verify with checking account) your account is verified as US with US mailing address. So getting paid to your PayPal account hoping to fool InfoLinks or Kontera would be nearly impossible. Because, to register your PayPal as outside of US, first you would need non-US bank account with non-US mailing address. And how would you get non-US bank and mailing address if you are in US? You can see my point in this conundrum. If you are trying to bypass the Tax ID form, don't. It will only hurt you. If you do not want to pay tax on whatever you earn don't use internet based earning structure. Although internet laws may be almost non-existence, all internet money making sites are US tax law compliant. They have to be otherwise they cannot do business in the US "land."If you do not want to give out your Tax ID (your social security number) you can obtain EIN (employer identification number)by submitting a form to IRS. It's free. And you're not risking your own social security number out in the public. Use this EIN for all tax purpose. This EIN can be tied to your DBA (doing business as) so that your income goes to a company rather than personal. This protects you in many ways which would be in a different subject/topic. But, getting LLC, Inc, DBA all can protect you in case of any tax dispute by the state and federal.

also, in the united states, you cannot enter in to a contract until you reach adult status of 18 years of age. you're 14 or 15? i don't think this is a paying taxes issue. i hope you are using an account that someone set up for you.....like a parent or your account could easily become frozen....especially with their random security checks they do and when you will be unable to verify your account any further.