xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

Xbox 2 This Year?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Xbox 2 will release "in late October, early November"It's been known in industry circles for months, but the news is now finally starting to leak. You'll be able to buy the next generation Xbox in both America and Europe in 2005.

While internet news sources today have reported that Microsoft is readying to launch its next generation Xbox hardware in America and Europe in the fourth quarter of this year, Eurogamer has learnt that the specific timing for the machine's roll-out is late October or early November, and merely weeks after the US launch. The exact date is yet to be solidified.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, senior American and British development, publishing and retail sources have confirmed the launch window in the past weeks.

It is also now widely known among British sources that Microsoft UK is currently in the planning stages of a spectacular and unprecedented launch event in central London for the winter release.

While it has been accepted for some time that Xbox 2, currently codenamed Xenon, would be released in America before the end of the year, the news of a Q4 launch in both the UK and Europe will send shockwaves through the industry and gaming community on this side of the Atlantic.

Many have expressed concern that Microsoft is forcing the next generation of console hardware too early, and that the current generation still has much to achieve. The most famous example of this came from then Nintendo of Europe MD David Gosen speaking at an ELSPA summit in London last October, where he lambasted Microsoft for pushing a next generation machine to market in 2005, and even went so far as to question Microsoft's motivation as profit.

"In every cycle, some manufacturer not profiting from the current cycle is eager to kick-start the next one," he said at the time.

EA recently confirmed that next generation Xbox titles would ship alongside current generation offerings later this year, although the certainty of a European release this side of 2006 has been muted: until now.

Microsoft has already publicly snubbed the suggestion of Xbox 2 being shown for the first time at GDC in March, and it now seems obvious that E3 will see the grand unveiling of the machine.

A Microsoft spokesman characteristically swatted away any next gen talk: "Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the next generation. We are currently very focused on further building the success of the Xbox console today and are not speculating on timing for a future version."

However, it must be noted that with the current lack of Xbox console stock still proving to be a huge problem for retailers and the future Xbox first party release schedule having almost completely dried up, it's an interesting comment for Microsoft to make at the point when every publisher and their dog are busy leaking Xbox 2 software information.

what do you guys think?

Their statement is questionable. I don't think that I get all high-hoped just becuase of it, seeing that I didn't obtain the first console, XBOX. Apparently XBOX was fairly good. PS3 is meant to be out next year. I'll get that instead, I suppose. I don't know. I'll wait for the ratings of XBOX2 and if they aren't good, I'll definetly get PS3.I don't know really.---------------------------------Confidence is the key of the world.

Practically same news on main Xbox2 fun site here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In an article posted over at gameindustry.biz, that state that they have received information leaning towards a late October to early November release for the XBox2 (Xbox 360?) in Europe, merely weeks after the US launch.

I'm going to trust them....

If u want to read full article read it at the gameindustry.biz here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And about PS3andXbox2 you can find a lot of information here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

lmao mircosoft is rushing the XBOX2 if it releases it within the next two years. Currently the ps3 is more powerful than the XBOX 2.

[quote name='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/: PS3 More Powerful than Xbox2

Some very surprising news from CVG that the PS3 will have more processing power than the Xbox2. Good or bad depending on what side you are on! Not sure how happy Microsoft will be that EA let this slip...

An Electronic Arts executive has indicated that Sony's PS3 will have more processing horsepower than Microsoft's Xbox2.

Speaking to BBC News Rory Armes, European studio general manager for EA, said, "The rumours are that PlayStation 3 will have a little more under the hood than Xbox2."

Armes revealed that EA development teams were already in possession of Xbox 2 dev kits but not Sony PS3 or Nintendo Revolution kits, lending credence to reports that Xbox2 will hit shelves possibly before the end of 2005, and certainly before PS3 and Revolution.

He added that final technical specs for all three consoles have not yet been confirmed, making early development "a horrendous effort in the first year."

Nonetheless, Armes seems confident that PS3 is set to outperform Xbox2. "We know maybe what PS3 will do, but we can only guess. Microsoft is obviously a software company first and foremost, while Sony has more experience in hardware. I think Sony will be able to push a little more into a box at cost."

The PS3 will use Sony's newly developed Cell chip technology, which has been developed in partnership with Toshiba and IBM. Early estimates put the chip's speed at 4.6 Ghz but the confirmed technical specs of the chip are expected to be unveiled at the International Solid State Circuits Conference in San Francisco next month.

so i do not see why mircosoft would rather put out a substandard product in order just to compete with the PS3. i will buy a ps3 over the X2 either way, because it is more powerful and has a better selection of games.

Proof that what I said in a PS3 thread is true. Don't think I am going to buy the XBOX2 because I've generally been with the PS all the way and can't really afford to buy an XBOX as well so... Still sounds good though.