xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

New Possible Spam Bot ?

BestForumTeam has sent you a new personal message titled "Important message from the forum administration!".

A spabbot registered on TheGTASector with the name "BestForumTeam". It then PM'd me of some forum administration message. I am just bringing this to your attention. :D Soviet, you have it on BSouls aswell, so I have deleted it for you. :)

SpamBot Details:
IP: 89.107.104.60Name: ForumTeam_supportName #2: ForumTeam IP #2: 188.72.225.209Email #1 & #2: okolozemnoj2707@myakk.podzone.net / uluchat57844@hiphopmail.webhop.net.

If you see these bots and your using IPB, block the IP address, email and usernames.

Ohhhh a new class of spam but I have to make you a question about this, Do you think that this was sent for a Xisto member or what? My question is because I dont see anything different than another spam messages that arrive every second to the millions email accounts around the world. So, that is my doubt. The solution to the spam is only one delete all the messages that arrive without permission to our inbox and that is not really difficult rigth? The spam filters and the antivirus with anti-spam technology dont work like you want because in my case I use Kaspersky 7.0 with antispam technology and the spam messages always appears in my thunderbird account. So, that is the one method to stop the spam, recognocize the spam messages (this is a very easy operation) and simply delete them all.So this is not a newest new but don?t fall in the spam traps.Regards.

I got such type of spam on other IPB forums as well - well just two of them to be precise. Some of them were just advertising but some of them were scareware and were designed cleverly, putting an authentic looking link which automatically generates the user name and includes that in the link. If an unknown member were to think that it is really from the forum admins and clicked that link, then god only knows what kind of disaster would take place on that user's computer! Sheesh if only these spammers used their intellect for something useful instead of cheap tricks like these

@ fermin: Not sure if it's new or old, but I have not seen this bot on forums before. :/@ H.O.D: Yeah, except they send out lots of PMs to your Inbox saying some crap about an administration message. :)

Well here is what I would do and did on my forum, Simply install a mod that links a Spambot online database or Databases and link it to that mod, It will then ban automatically the IP's, Email address's and usernames. That why you forum will be spambot free.

Just to let you know I will be making my own Forum plug-in for vBulletin and IPB. It will all be linked to the same database and if you feel there is one that has got around the system you click there profile and click report to "company name" (haven't decided one yet) This will take a while to make.