xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Installng Drupal Loads of errors

Should of named this thread Lots of Drupal questions. Because I have yet another. I keep searching this on Google and again nothing I think the problem originates somewhere when I installed incorrectly. So now when I change the theme it stays the same. The default Drupal one with the arrow in the top left and the drupal icon. I gave it a bit thinking it takes time to update but no. Everything else is working great I am just not going to live with that crappy theme. Its making me sad. :)

I really cannot get this theme to change. I search around on the net but people only have problems with ones they install. I am stuck with the core default theme and I cannot change it to even the other core ones that come with Drupal. Any help would be really appreciated and I really need it. I think it might have something to do with me changing where drupal is. It used to be techmo.trap17.net/drupal, but I thought it was stupid and ugly because I wanted it just techmo.trap17.net So I made it that by reinstalling there. I just want someone to tell me how I can make this work with techmo.trap17.net.

Yea so I thought I'd just be able to grab all the files and just put them in public html. A bunch of stuff messed up and I just decided to start over so I started to delete everything. Now all that remains is a drupel folder with a sites folder and a bunch of other stuff having to do with the theme I think. So when I try to delete this it just keeps reappearing.

That's because you moved files that were in use by a script, and messed up the set file paths, you should never do this without modifying the configurations file and or SQL tables, because to put it bluntly, it's looking for files that no longer exists in the directory it was told it was in.

I really cannot get this theme to change. I search around on the net but people only have problems with ones they install. I am stuck with the core default theme and I cannot change it to even the other core ones that come with Drupal. Any help would be really appreciated and I really need it. I think it might have something to do with me changing where drupal is. It used to be techmo.trap17.net/drupal, but I thought it was stupid and ugly because I wanted it just techmo.trap17.net So I made it that by reinstalling there. I just want someone to tell me how I can make this work with techmo.trap17.net.

Again, that's probably an issue with file permissions, since you are confused and want it as a CMS so you don't have to really do any hand programming, I sent you a PM I will install it over fresh and correctly if you want me to.

Hi!I may not have worked with Drupal extensively, or at least not as extensively as I have worked with WordPress, but I have grown pretty accustomed to the interface that it right out of the box. I hope to do some Drupal module development beyond the simple retrieval of data from the database and displaying it within a module i.e. working with the Drupal source code and using the API.Drupal is a pretty good content management system (CMS), and it is pretty much at par with Joomla, if you count all of the modules that exist for extending the core functionality of the system. Having said that, I would also add that the community support for Drupal is pretty good but I have yet to find a community that matches that of WordPress (Xisto doesn't count - it is a general purpose forum and not built around a specific open-source product or project).Xisto provides a software installation service, which I think is called softaculous (or something equally funky), so you don't really have to go through the complexity of dealing with filesystem permissions, database locations, and the rest of the configuration that is associated with installing Drupal.Drupal provides a pretty neat interface for running multilingual websites and can automatically hide the links to articles that are in a different language. It provides a pretty neat interface to manage translations for existing articles by indicating which languages have available translations and which ones don't. I would imagine it's a pretty neat solution for maintaining documentation for an open-source project with translations as contributors can see which pages have translations and which pages don't.During the installation, you have to create a settings file by copying the default settings file and the file needs to be granted write permissions for the installer to be able to add in the configuration settings that you set through the installer. An alternative to this approach is to manually make the installation settings, which would require a more in-depth knowledge of Drupal.I've got Drupal setup on an Internet Information Server (IIS) running on a Microsoft Windows 2008 Release 2 box, and it uses a MySQL database as the backend interface. I have not setup the search engine friendly URLs yet, as I'll have to install an additional IIS module and configure it using Web.Config (the Microsoft equivalent of the Apache web server that runs solely on Windows).The Drupal installer sets up the configuration or settings file for you and so if you change the database location, username, password or database name, or if you move the files around, you will need to update the settings file, in addition to making changes to any references that Drupal stores within the MySQL database that you initally provided during the Drupal installation (I'm assuming you didn't configure it for a different database yet).You can get plenty of Drupal themes and can also get some of the kind folks here to make you one. I've seen some pretty impressive work in the form of signature images of some of the members and I must say that you've got a good one yourself. Perhaps you can post a tutorial on how you made your current signature image.BTW, when running Drupal or any other PHP application on Windows, all I get is a 503 error page instead of the warning messages that we see when running on Apache, nginx, or any other web server. Does anybody have any pointers on how I can get IIS to display the error messages instead of a simply mysterious 503 error page? For ASP.NET based applications, I'd just modify the Web.Config file to indicate that the custom errors should not be displayed, irrespective of whether the request came from a remote system or is being made from the local system.Just to clarify the setting of permissions, CHMOD (and not CHMON) stands for change mode and is used to set permissions and other special attributes for a file, folder, or other device that can be accessed as a file (in UNIX/Linux pretty much everything is represented as a file, including your printer, scanner, camera, processor, memory etc.). You do not have to use the CHMOD command directly but can, instead, use an FTP client to set permissions on files or folders - CuteFTP Professional (commercial software), CoreFTP (freeware software), or FileZilla FTP client (open-source software) can do this for you with a graphical interface. BTW, FileZilla also has an FTP/SFTP server that goes by the same name as the FTP client so when you do Google it for a download, make sure that you are downloading the client application and not the server software.