xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vacant

I Need A Phone. Any Recommendations?

I need a phone. Money is not really an object here, for if the object is good I'll pay for it. My requirements are thus:

- It needs to be robust.... Have you dropped your phone? Did it survive?

- It needs to be fairly small.... I'm gonna be carrying it around

- It needs to have some connection with my PC, so i can put stuff on it.

- It doesnt need masses of features, but they are always a plus

- Preferably stylish, but I can afford to cut this one.

I'm posting this as I want an unbiased view... (as in: not the view of the salesman in the Tmobile store!)

Any help appriciated! Thanks very much!

- Vacant

EDIT: no, i still cant spell appriciated...

appreciated

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

right now iam using a Sony Ericsson T610 and i can say iam very happy with it i dropd it many times on concret floors (alot) wen i run it just slips out if u have a loose pocket,the features are preaty good i cant complain.its preaty small.But iam getting a Sony Ericsson Z500a wich is smaller and is preaty neat with a built in camera for pics and video etc and i can really sugest if ucan lay out $700 for a S710i i really want that phone lol i just love how it looks and all them features but i dont have $700 buck at the moments lolzbut Z500 or T610 are really good phones for all style, service, and fun (atleast for me) :D

I have a Nokia model 3120b, and it's the best phone I've ever had. The default cover is silver, and grey, and it looks great. The length is about the size of my finger, and it's very durable. I once dropped it in my bathtub while it was on,(bath tub was full) and after it dried it still worked. The battery charges fully in about 20 minutes. Hope this helped you find a good phone. :D

The current one I am using is um Samsun K700i it is okay and it definately can be liek connected to your comp...I think it also is an MP3 player and has a radio plus video,recorder,camera,bluetooth,infared,gprs stuff, and it kind of looks like a digital camera from the back.I dropped it about 3 times and it hasn't broken...yet . It didn't scratch though...thats probably because I didn't drop it from a great height... but some people would say it was a good phone, I Don't think it is but it has loads of like things. I don't know if it's expensive but it was over 250 pounds for me...it's kind of small.My old phone is VERY "droppable" I've dropped from really heigh places, by accident of course and I've dropped it in the toilet a few times and it still works. The battery takes ,i think, less that an hour to charge and if you just leave it in your pocket locked it probably can last up to a week, at least mine use to. Mine cost around 360 pounds when I bought it but it is probably um I dont know 150 pounds now? I don't know your currency so, whatever.You can buy a USB cable for it for only 7 pounds and upload everything you have onto your computer BUT it doesn't have video but it DOES have camera, quality - BAD, quality when uploaded onto computer - good. BUT it also does not have blue tooth... it has the internet which is really cool. Plus I think nokia's are the most um "robust"(that your word?) phones that I have ever had. They ma chip and stuff but their phone covers can be changed! Unlike other phones which can not.

How about PDA with phone inside. The best thing is you get something not only the phone.

I have bought an TMobile pocket pc with phone edition. It not very expensive compare to some phones. And you can install many softwares. Such as GPS route softwares, so you can drive with it. Some games is also very insterested.

The phone function is also more powerful than normal phones. You can record the conversation. Even access internet.

It is also very stable. I like the PDA.

I need a phone. Money is not really an object here, for if the object is good I'll pay for it. My requirements are thus:

- It needs to be robust.... Have you dropped your phone? Did it survive?

- It needs to be fairly small.... I'm gonna be carrying it around

- It needs to have some connection with my PC, so i can put stuff on it.

- It doesnt need masses of features, but they are always a plus

- Preferably stylish, but I can afford to cut this one.

I'm posting this as I want an unbiased view... (as in: not the view of the salesman in the Tmobile store!)

Any help appriciated! Thanks very much!

- Vacant

EDIT: no, i still cant spell appriciated...

49687[/snapback]

I'd suggest the Samsung SGH-D500. Its small and looks amazing and wieghs only 99 grams!

It has a TFT-Display of 176 x 220 Pixels / 262,144 colors, MP3 player, A 1.3 Megapixel Camera (with flash and Digital zoom), Video recording and video player, Bluetooth, and best of all it has a built in memory on 128MB.

My friend is using it and it's great. PC connectivity is as easy as ABC and the camera picture quality is just amazing. Apart from that, the battery life is pretty good too!

Click here for more information on the mobile.

:D

I have a Nokia model 3120b, and it's the best phone I've ever had. The default cover is silver, and grey, and it looks great.  The length is about the size of my finger, and it's very durable. I once dropped it in my bathtub while it was on,(bath tub was full) and after it dried it still worked. The battery charges fully in about 20 minutes. Hope this helped you find a good phone. :D

49695[/snapback]

yeah...Nokia series is rather good.advise you too notice this awesome brand...very good for yas.

hey i got a nokia 6630 and its very usefull the problem is not to drop it the facia is very delicate and it just cracks and u cant find an origonal one easyly mine broke the fist day i got it and its pisin me off!!! ant get an origonal face and the fake one keeps lightin up on the sides aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

Its hard to say which one is good. If money is not a problem I suggest you buy costly one, mostly they come good. I've been changing phones often just because I don't get the right kind of phone. For me money is an object so its hard to decide. ;)

I would highly recommend the Motorola V551. This phone has it all with a affordable pricetag. The phone comes with a 10 second video recorder and camera, bluetooth technology, mp3 compatiable, aim, speakerphone, the whole bit. I bought this phone a couple of weeks ago and i would have to say its been a good investment. I have only dropped it once and nothing has happened to it. It has the same features as the V3 razor just without the design. The razor will cost you a hefty $500, i paid with a 2 year contract only $100 for the V551, i highly recommend it!

Hey dundun2007, I didn't know you could do that :| And thanks, I guess...I have taken note of your suggestions! I'm currently making a list of the ones I need to check out... It seems that Nokias are good for robustness... Anyway Ill have a look. Thanks for all your suggestions!Ill post when i choose one... on the off chance that someone cares!- Vacant