xisto Community
7xpm

Bluetooth Interference Problems

Does anyone know if eliminating bluetooth interference is possible since bluetooth devices "hop" channels? I am attempting to use 6 bluetooth wireless paired devices for machine communications and they are knocking out the wireless internet connection...Thanks!

Bluetooth uses the same 2.4Ghz as wireless devices that uses 2.4Ghz. So even you change the channels of your wireless [router] it has the probability that a bluetooth's cycle can knock it out.You'll have to try various combination:1) change your wireless router to G only. B is inferior 2.4Ghz signal and it does not have transmission scheme as 802.11a (which operates in 5Ghz). This may help to differentiate bluetooth signals and Wi-Fi signals.2) upgrade to N or A. Although A operates in 5Ghz, it has short range and does not do well with walls. N is better choice but you may have to upgrade all your Wi-Fi devices and receivers to N (pretty expensive)3) limit your usages of bluetooth devices. 6 devices, I'm guessing keyboard, mouse, headphone, ..?? and what? That's a lot. 4) try changing Wi-Fi channel from 6 (default) to 4 or 11. That usually helps a lot of people who are facing with conflicts.

Thanks!

I need all 6 pairs of devices, it's a networking config for RS232 file transfers to and from CNC machinery.
Can shut them off during down time, but just another pain to have to do so regularly. Trying to
get this to run seamlessly..

Also hoping I we won't need to upgrade the wireless, I think he just spent a fortune on the antennas
as it serves a broad range between three buildings on the site..

Will check to see If the routers/receivers have an option for G vs B.

One of the adapters is on 6, but it's not the one that's getting knocked out. Possibly a neighbors?
Not sure, need to check into that..

The ones that are getting knocked out are on 2 and 11 I believe.. (checked via network stumbler)

Thanks for your help, I will continue with your list and see what can be done..

Regards,

Kirk

-------------------

Bluetooth uses the same 2.4Ghz as wireless devices that uses 2.4Ghz. So even you change the channels of your wireless [router] it has the probability that a bluetooth's cycle can knock it out.
You'll have to try various combination:

1) change your wireless router to G only. B is inferior 2.4Ghz signal and it does not have transmission scheme as 802.11a (which operates in 5Ghz). This may help to differentiate bluetooth signals and Wi-Fi signals.

2) upgrade to N or A. Although A operates in 5Ghz, it has short range and does not do well with walls. N is better choice but you may have to upgrade all your Wi-Fi devices and receivers to N (pretty expensive)

3) limit your usages of bluetooth devices. 6 devices, I'm guessing keyboard, mouse, headphone, ..?? and what? That's a lot.

4) try changing Wi-Fi channel from 6 (default) to 4 or 11. That usually helps a lot of people who are facing with conflicts.