xisto Community
cnfir

what is the best tool to edit the PHPs...

The best tool I can think of for editing anything is notepad.. however it dosnt show you the errors.. you cna use dreamweaver as an alternative but for simple edit jobs u can use notepad.

Are there any WYSIWYG php editors?

there is no such thing :(
since php is a server side script you need a server to execute it

there is a way to omit hat though
its more cpu consuming

PHP comes in as a executable
respectable editors have 2 opions of test the script:
-server duh.. local or upload
- parse thru the php exec

i prefer the server
got apache installed

I use ultraedit, extremely handy tool that you can use for all you programming.
Remi

Ultraedit is the ultimate programmers editor. Not only for php, but all other textual data

Eclipse !
Its a big IDE hasing lots of plugins actually. I usually use it with my java program. But now i found a plugin for php. You can use Apache,mysql,php in single tools.

Here is what is eclipse and how to use it:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here is biggest site for eclipse plugins:
http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/index.jsp

I use Zend Studio. Zend is the company that is writing the scripting engine in PHP. It has a lot of features such as code completion and debugging. It's really nice.Komodo is also a very nice editor that supports several languages.

Debuging in PHP is a pain. It is just that simple. Dreamweaver (which I use) is worthless beyond syntax highlighting. Others such as Crimson, PHPEdit, and of course Zend allow you to debug, but they require a PHP engine on your machine, which requires that all locations be accurate to the debugging machine. I find this to be a pain considering you are programming for the web and not your machine.Hopefully I am just an idiot. I would love to hear if someone has had a great debuging experience. That being said, I wouldn't trade my syntax highlighting for my right ear. Maybe I will just have to take the plunge and buy Zend.