xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Blah Blah Blah!

if someone posts about wanting a certain breed of dog in their life and explains why, and asking how they can properly care for that particular breed, why the #$%#$^#^# do i have to hear a one line comment like "i have a dalmation.....they are better".

LOL, you just used the dog example to get my attention didn't ya?
Actually I wish more people would post dog questions, at least it would make it a lot easier for me to contribute! Then I wouldn't have to worry about replying to the over 1 year old posts. (actually, there are posts on here a lot older than that) but a lot of times I don't really look at the dates. And some of the older posts are still pretty high up on the list and quick and easy to access due to lack of recent postings. Even the 3rd or 4th post down the line can be an ancient one.

I think the moderators do a pretty good job, even if they are all male. I don't really understand why we have so many senseless posts, like "what is...." and a one or 2 line post following the subject line. You would think people would realize you can't gain any hosting credits that way. You really need to be long winded and chatty like me! Or a politician, someone who can talk for an hour and not say anthing!
I do agree with you, I occasionally make a short post just to be funny, but I try to avoid it, sometimes I just can't help it. And if it is done to make somebody laugh, I would hate to have it considered spam. And the introductions forum is one place that is really hard to make reply too. So many newbies just post hi how are ya, and how can you start a conversation with that? It would be so much nicer if they could say just a little bit about themselves to help get a conversation going. I guess that is why everyone who replys there just brings up the rules, otherwise how could you anser without it being considered spam. "I'm fine, welcome to trap."

As for you being blunt, that's a charector flaw in people that I for one, actually appreciate. It takes all the guess work out of knowing where you stand on any particular subject. ;)