xisto Community
Ash-Bash

My New Dog :)

Yes, they can have some eye problems too, I just didn't want to scare you too bad right off, lol. They can get cherry eye and general eye infections, however, their eyes are tighter fitting in the eye socket, and so they are not quite as bad as cocker spaniels can be. Cherry eye is an infection in one of the tear glands, the gland becomes impacted, and infected, and swells out into a big red nasty looking lump from the tissue around the eye. It looks bad, but can be corrected. They sometimes respond to antibiotic drops in the eye, but in some cases they are snipped out. Only problem with the surgery is that the dog may get dry eye, which is then a life long problem with keeping eye drops in the eye. Generally they are ok though. I used to raise Bulldogs and Neapolitian Mastiffs, so I've seen a few of them. Human eye wash, saline solution, is fine to use on dogs, if you see matter starting to form around they eyes. Keeping the goo wiped away usually heads off any problems.

Just to let you know I have taken quite a few photo's I will be uploading them some time this week once I have some spear time in my busy schedule :angel:.

Good for you ash , but you need to yhink of your dog's vaccination , he will need 4 vaccinations about CHLP ,*Car? , leptospirose,h?patite,parvovirose* , sorry but i don't know the names in english , and this should be done at the age of 10 weeks and not exceed 12 weeks !You need also to provide good quality food for your dog , to help him grow.PS:I'm a veterinarian doctor , so if you will have questions ,ask me and i will be happy to answer you in FRENCH ;)