xisto Community
Alphacide

Alienware M11x Netbook Release

Is an 11inch "gaming" netbook gonna be released this month. Alienware claims it gets 6.5hrs battery life, I don't know about that. They also say its gonna be going for under 1000$. However, I wont buy any laptop below 14.1" so its not for me. If you had the money, would you buy it?

Edited by Alphacide (see edit history)

Any idea of the specs this 'netbook' will have? At under $1000 I can't imagine it having anything too fantastic in the performance department. I'm also not a great fan of Alienware's current design for their laptops. For me they look a bit too ostentatious and garish, even for a gaming laptop.

A measly eleven inch screen? At that point I don't really need to here any of the other specs. I mean if your going to be gaming on it 11' sounds too small. Maybe if its really good for the price just use another screen. Any time I think of the brand AlienWare I think bigger and better so an eleven inch screen seems silly for a company known for the best.

Your wrongAlienware M11x Netbook Release

I am actually typing this on the new MX11 and the screen is not the problem you'd expect it great for gaming as I have also got the mx17 and found it too be too big for travelling,  As for the screens quality it is outstanding. The keyboard whic I was worried would be to small to type my assignments on is a perfect size. Cod MF 2 runs really smooth so I must say its size does not let it down 

-reply by Bloodclaws

Powerfull little guyAlienware M11x Netbook Release

While its base price is $799 it will end up costing about $1100 after bumping the system to 4G Ram, 320 hard drive, core duo processor, and tax..Which is what I bought.. I wouldnt buy it with anything less, or more for that matter given the small size.

I travel a lot and am an avid gamer. I have yet to really get frustrated by the small screen, even playing WoW  w/ screen consuming addons. When I am at home I plug it into my 22" monitor and everything runs smoothly at full settings DAO. I am sure there are games out there that you would have to turn settings down on, but you might be surprised.

It is also nice that you can switch off the graphics card at a push of a button to tone down the noise while not gaming.

I am a professional so I am sometimes cautious of using it for work around customers and co workers given the tacky alien head and such on the body (though I like it). If you turn off all the keyboard lighting and what not nobody judges it much more than a standard netbook anyways.

Powerfull little guyAlienware M11x Netbook Release<p>While its base price is $799 it will end up costing about $1100 after bumping the system to 4G Ram, 320 hard drive, core duo processor, and tax..Which is what I bought.. I wouldnt buy it with anything less, or more for that matter given the small size.</p><p> I travel a lot and am an avid gamer. I have yet to really get frustrated by the small screen, even playing WoW w/ screen consuming addons. When I am at home I plug it into my 22" monitor and everything runs smoothly at full settings DAO. I am sure there are games out there that you would have to turn settings down on, but you might be surprised.</p><p>It is also nice that you can switch off the graphics card at a push of a button to tone down the noise while not gaming.</p><p>I am a professional so I am sometimes cautious of using it for work around customers and co workers given the tacky alien head and such on the body (though I like it). If you turn off all the keyboard lighting and what not nobody judges it much more than a standard netbook anyways. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

i think that this is a great laptop. I travel alot as well and i would get one if i was in the market for a new one. This is probably the best bang for your buck as far as it goes with a small laptop because the small laptops usually dont have much power and are slow. But i know this new one is great and like he said hook it up to a large monitor and use that if you want the larger picture.