xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unwanted_flower

Helping Others In Life What are some of the Areas in your own life ,you offered in helping

Question of this topic is . :D What are some of the Areas in your own life ,you offered in helping other people ? How does it benefit others and also yourself in long run too ? I am always curious how Different life styles ,allow their life to open up in helping others ,or is it more benefiting to ,just not help others ? In our busy lifestyles these days ,placing our selves in society eyes that we each should hold expectations of living a life ,as our parents did and so on . Keeping a job ,getting married,creating a family ,all those wonderful life's expectations that is just the way ,life should be ,lived by all . We can get wrapped up in our own to do honey list our own selves and it becomes very hard to actually concentrate on lending a helping hand towards someone else . Although one of the best things you can offer in life is actually helping others ,some how inside you ,allows you to see beyond all those life's expectations ,step outside of your own self and actually view the world ,by seeing through another eyes . When anyone actually offers ,helping someone else besides yourself ,it allows you to learn new areas about who you are inside own self too . You begin to actually view how graced you are in life ,even not the so good things too . We all have everyday many opportunities that slip into our own lives ,that could offer a little piece of self in helping others ,and allow yourself to feel that spiritual life inside own self . We can start closer to our home life by helping your spouse out ,or children ,then reach in areas helping the community ,you are residing in ,by helping animals ,or creating fund raisers for many great causes . what are best things you done in lending a helping hand out towards another .sometimes in our lives ,we all need ,place our hand out towards another to be grasped . :)

Im all about helping others, since its not only my passion but its my job.Im currently a CNA(certified nursing assistant) going to school to become a COTA (certified occupational therapist)But me being a CNA is the best job ever. Just because the whole time im at work i'm never standing around, im constantly helping people with their daily needs. Alot of people say that being a CNA is a dirty job, and for the people who has ever said that should go to H**L. Because if there was no CNA's in this world majority of elderly folks would probably be abandoned and forgotten. Where i work every single one of the people have family's and 80% of them NEVER visit. So when i enter that door to work, IM their closest thing to family. Being a CNA has changed my life and how i now see things. Its made me a WAY better person from communication to even knowing more knowlege from the elder. But my life consists of helping out others alot, and will be my future career once i'm a COTA :)

Well, you bring up and excellent topic. I have always tried to help people out when they needed it and asked for it, but honestly, the older I get the more I start believing the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." I really do believe in Karma, and doing unto others as you would have them do unto you, however, it always seems to back fire on me. Just about everybody I have ever tried to help has ended up stabing me in the back or taking advantage of me or just ended up not being worth helping and making me regret that I even tried. Gets pretty aggrivating sometimes. Makes me wonder why I bother. But for some silly reason I keep on trying to be good to people. Am I crazy or what?

i have a saying to. the most good and trustworthy people are those that will get hurt the most. now knowing this to be true, should that influence you in saying you should stop helping people? is it worth the hurt? it takes a strong person to be kind and generous and to not expect things to come around right away in karma. people will get greedy, some will take advantage, others will take your help for granted, etc....whatever the reason, other people don't define who you are. YOU define who you are. also, if helping others was so easy, then it wouldn't be that rewarding, would it. some people write a check to charities. they feel good about themselves, sure, but how rewarding is it when one doesn 't have the ability to help more directly? we choose what we are capable of depending on our time and emotional strength to help others. nobody ever said helping others is easy so sometimes we have to be mentally prepared when we do we also have to UNDERSTAND those we are helping and the consequences of our "help" because sometimes we can be blinded. when sometimes we think we are helping, we really aren't.

That is actually good, sound advice. You are absolutly right, if helping people was easy everybody would do it. It's a good way to look at it. All I know is that I am the one who has to live with myself. I will continue to try to help people irreguardless of karma or anything else. It's just the right thing to do. If there is a heaven, I figure God is keeping score for me, and I will be the one who has to answer to what I did with my time here on earth. (wether there is a heaven or not is an entirly different debate, but for me, I'm not taking any chances that there is! )