xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

What's Dota?

YES! DotA Is a very fun and awesome game based on Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne ( There are other versions in the non-expansion Warcraft 3 but its not nearly as good ). Ok so in this game there are many different game types. The game mode is put in at the beginning of the game. So the game name might me DotA -Apemso which would be the most common one so thats the one I'll explain. You can choose from all the heroes ( Let me say here that I hope you have a basic understanding of Warcraft ) which are all different and have very cool skills which are customly made. You get a hero and units will beginning moving from your base towards the enemy base same for them. There are towers that defend the three lanes. Your team will go into each of these lanes to defend them and move forward towards the base. You gain levels and money to buy items. Certain items can combine to create more powerful items to help your team win. It has a high learning curve and if you go into a game and start not playing well people will flame you. Believe me. If you are actually interested in playing DotA believe me its a fun game when you get good at it. Luckily enough they've released maps where you can play against computers that are not as good ( Depending on what difficulty you put them on ). There are also strategy sites that can help you with what items to choose for whichever hero you choose. Because its not as simple and every hero has items that work very well with them.

The AI Map - You will also find the normal maps on that site. ( Believe me you will need them because most people kick whoever doesn't have the map)

Strategies

Edited by Zagubadu? (see edit history)

Defense of the Ancients (DotA) is a custom scenario for the real-time strategy video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft. The objective of the scenario is for each team to destroy the opponents' Ancients, heavily guarded structures at opposing corners of the map. Players use powerful units known as heroes, and are assisted by allied heroes and AI-controlled fighters called "creeps". As in role-playing games, players level up their hero and use gold to buy equipment during the mission.[2]
The scenario was developed with the "World Editor" of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and was updated upon the release of the expansion, The Frozen Throne. There have been many variations of the original concept; the most popular is DotA Allstars, which has been maintained by several authors during development. The current developer is known by his pseudonym as "IceFrog", and has been developing the game since 2005.

Since its release, Allstars has become a feature at several worldwide tournaments, including Blizzard Entertainment's BlizzCon and the Asian World Cyber Games, as well as the Cyberathlete Amateur and CyberEvolution leagues; Gamasutra declared that DotA was perhaps the most popular "free, non-supported game mod in the world".[3]

I used to play this, a while ago. Dota is a game based on LAN and internet. After you get the game and stuff you have to select which group of people you want to join. You can join the good group called the Sentinels or the evil people the Scourge.

The main goal of this particular game is to destroy the enemy's base, the Sentinel's Tree of Life or the Scourge's Frozen Throne,and you have to do it as quick as possible.

This game is very different from other games as this game is based on like a social aspect. You have up to 5 people on each team, you have to destroy the opposing team with not only you killing and computer skills, but also your teamwork and interaction with the team members to be efficient. This is a team game aspect. Most of the time, it comes down to the final battle, its win or lose :) It keeps you well paced and alert at times, so you don't have to AFK. If one guy screws up, it ruins the WHOLE game and you are most probably gonna lose the game. The interesting part of this game is that it reflects how we behave in an actual real life team. With each member having different roles to play, we have to complement each other instead of killing each other.

With a common goal within reach, a team should function as one unit, instead of being divided. It is not how strong each member is, but it is how you use your teamwork to overcome all obstacles as a team.

I used to play this, a while ago. Dota is a game based on LAN and internet. After you get the game and stuff you have to select which group of people you want to join. You can join the good group called the Sentinels or the evil people the Scourge.
The main goal of this particular game is to destroy the enemy's base, the Sentinel's Tree of Life or the Scourge's Frozen Throne,and you have to do it as quick as possible.

This game is very different from other games as this game is based on like a social aspect. You have up to 5 people on each team, you have to destroy the opposing team with not only you killing and computer skills, but also your teamwork and interaction with the team members to be efficient. This is a team game aspect. Most of the time, it comes down to the final battle, its win or lose :) It keeps you well paced and alert at times, so you don't have to AFK. If one guy screws up, it ruins the WHOLE game and you are most probably gonna lose the game. The interesting part of this game is that it reflects how we behave in an actual real life team. With each member having different roles to play, we have to complement each other instead of killing each other.

Very true in this game you definitely need team work. Going AFK or dying a lot ( Its called feeding in the DotA world ) will make your team lose and your team mates will become very annoyed. I would try not to flame or be mean to other people. This is going to be hard to explain but I'll try. Ok so people that host these DotA games quite a few of them have a program called Banlist. This program allows them to ban you by IP so that anytime you go into anyones game in which the host has the program it will kick you. So try and be nice. You can be banned for feeding, flaming, AFK, leaving, and anything the host decides. Deadmad depending on how long ago you played this game its changed a lot and its a lot of fun.