xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unwanted_flower

Death And Life you was told you were dying ?

Wondering what many would do ,when came a time in your Life ,you was told ,you was not on a road to recover.you was told ,you was dying .what would be reaction inside yourself ,you want to do with what time you had in your life ,left .would you share it with those you Love ?Would you let those you Love in on the News or would you keep it all to yourself so no one would treat you any Different than without them knowing .what would your choices be ?Personally for yourself ,as each would be Different I understand .I am interested in hearing How people would react towards hearing news that you was dying .Things you would want to do with rest of your Time left .

Personally I would try and wait as long as possible before I told people. Like you said I would not want to be treated differently in my final moments. Really would you want to spend the little time you have left with everyone grieving over you? I sure wouldn't. I know this sounds like something that would happen in a movie but I would really want to do all the things I would never normally do. Jump from an airplane you know all that good stuff. I mean your going to die anyways right? :)

exactly that is how i see it in telling anyone .holding off telling those you love the news ,prevents being treated Differently than if they just did not know the disturbing news ,although maybe it is not right and leaves those you love empty or cheated some how .as for doing all things ,you never done before think that would be wish of all that holds that news in thier life .

Agreed I wouldn't want to be treated differently but the thought of just dying like that would be such a shock to those I love. It would be unfair wouldn't it. I guess it would be possible to write a letter explaining the whole situation and why you did not want to tell your family. So that when you died they could read it and know. Kind of funny theres this thing actually someone recently posted about. You type up your message that you want everyone to see when you die. They send you and email every day or whatever. You click a link in that email verifying your alive. If you miss one the message is sent to whoever s email you put in the list. I find this very cool. I'll probably even use it. In about a hundred years. :)

A nice topic finally :( well if I were in that situation I'll go spend my life withe the ones I love :) I want to go anywhere I want,do the things that will make me happy, eat everything I want to it and say all the things that I want to say especially all of my secrets :) since I was dying anyway so its no use to hide more secrets to the people I love, I don't want to think that I amdying, I want to think that I am happy and I do the things that I want even if I will die at least I am happy, and satisfied.My greatest fear is to live alone and to be alone, I want to die alone and solve my problems being alone, becausethere is no man with an island (I am wrong with the terms I think), so that is my answer into your question :D

:) yes could be consider unfair to leave that till the end for loved ones to know the news .at same time ,when there is many areas ,your trying to improve on your own without anything getting in the way ,you surely would not wish to lay a news like this on anyone you love .as you would never known in your own self ,did things improve on there own or was it because the acknowledgment of the news ,you just shared with your love ones .i did something like this as one my classes in how we all react differently in knowing we are dying ,for what reason it didn't matter .retrieving what each of us would do during a time like this .how we would keep it inside ourselves or should we let our love ones know .can we face there looks and there pity looks upon you during these times or there tears ,or shall we just go on ,as every day life .would be something hard to actually know what to do .

i think i would want to make up for time lost. making up for time lost is not as easy as it sounds though. most would create that "bucket list". which is ok. but to see the sites and experience places will never take the place of other things. usually, what people hold most dear is right in front of them so maybe it's also about changing ones self before they die. their outlook and what is most important.

we go through life selfishly because there is always time to have that perfect life. wether someone is told they are not on a road to recovery or if they live to be 100. death is imminent. selfishness has no place in life or death.

would i personally tell people if i were dying? yes. that's just me though because i am one to not hide any truth in any thing. by allowing the truth to be shared, we offer something to others. we offer the truth. is there anything more important? maybe if we feel there is.....selfishly....or maybe there is if we want to limit the choices of others in the truth. maybe there is if we feel we are protecting against the hurt or pain that one does not want to see in others in this lifetime.

people die every day. we don't even know the people who die. but, if someone i loved were to tell me they were going to die, i would feel really really bad. i wouldn't even know where to start in talking to them. i do know that i am who i am and who i am never changes. i cannot offer them anything other than what they know about me. i would want to smother them. but that is selfish as they are telling me they have a limited life span. i think what's most important is that people refrain from being selfish, be themselves, and just reinforce the fact that you love them.

i dunno. how does anyone handle "death". we live on past this life. this life holds meaning just like the past lives and just like the future lives. we don't really die. while we are here...wether we have a month or 20 years, we have to live our lives with no regret. no regret in what the consequences hold for us and no regreat in the consequences our choices dictate for others. no regret. if we can live in no regret, we have done everything we can before we die.....that is perfect.....for us....us being something different for everyone.

Wondering what many would do ,when came a time in your Life ,you was told ,you was not on a road to recover.
you was told ,you was dying .

what would be reaction inside yourself ,you want to do with what time you had in your life ,left .
would you share it with those you Love ?
Would you let those you Love in on the News or would you keep it all to yourself so no one would treat you any Different than without them knowing .

what would your choices be ?

Personally for yourself ,as each would be Different I understand .
I am interested in hearing How people would react towards hearing news that you was dying .
Things you would want to do with rest of your Time left .

i think i would want to make up for time lost. making up for time lost is not as easy as it sounds though. most would create that "bucket list". which is ok. but to see the sites and experience places will never take the place of other things. usually, what people hold most dear is right in front of them so maybe it's also about changing ones self before they die. their outlook and what is most important.
we go through life selfishly because there is always time to have that perfect life. wether someone is told they are not on a road to recovery or if they live to be 100. death is imminent. selfishness has no place in life or death.

would i personally tell people if i were dying? yes. that's just me though because i am one to not hide any truth in any thing. by allowing the truth to be shared, we offer something to others. we offer the truth. is there anything more important? maybe if we feel there is.....selfishly....or maybe there is if we want to limit the choices of others in the truth. maybe there is if we feel we are protecting against the hurt or pain that one does not want to see in others in this lifetime.

people die every day. we don't even know the people who die. but, if someone i loved were to tell me they were going to die, i would feel really really bad. i wouldn't even know where to start in talking to them. i do know that i am who i am and who i am never changes. i cannot offer them anything other than what they know about me. i would want to smother them. but that is selfish as they are telling me they have a limited life span. i think what's most important is that people refrain from being selfish, be themselves, and just reinforce the fact that you love them.

i dunno. how does anyone handle "death". we live on past this life. this life holds meaning just like the past lives and just like the future lives. we don't really die. while we are here...wether we have a month or 20 years, we have to live our lives with no regret. no regret in what the consequences hold for us and no regreat in the consequences our choices dictate for others. no regret. if we can live in no regret, we have done everything we can before we die.....that is perfect.....for us....us being something different for everyone.

How does one handle death? Thats a question I want the answer to. Makes me feel glad that death is a long way for me ( Unless I'm unlucky, speaking dying of old age ) This has really got me thinking. What if I was to die tomorrow? Which is possible. Its possible for me to die right now before even finishing this sentence. Which is sad to think about. I believe the saying goes live every day as if its your last. Very true words because it very well could be.

:) using your time ,left before dying ,yes ,you would want ,life to be happy and filled with simplest dreams ,that could become ,part of you .still telling those ,you love ,your dying would change many things and i feel some couldn't offer that and feel some can offer that .some offer many things in what one shall call ,protecting those they love or having some form of pride ,that is instilled within them .maybe they are confused themselves and have to come with grips of the disturbing news themselves before sharing it with loved ones .i feel the question will linger differently inside everyone thier reasons .

at same level i feel ,knowing you are dying maybe they do not share this news ,as not to change anything that is real in life already and love ones ,need something of life filled with happiness and not disturbing news like ,one they love is dying .*shrugging* :)

Yes absolutely true :D we must live our life to the fullest without having any regrets, we must do everything we want to do
and say all the words that we want to say, explore the risk and take it as it will teach a good lesson for us,
A life of a man nowadays seems so fast unlike in the past in the time of our forefathers, and you guys have a lot of experience
I think xD because my teacher said that the more the experience had the more things and words it can say or share, you guys above me sure are heavy posters, your posts are a huge :) anyway sorry for the offtopic

well i know i am deep. flower is trying to grasp an issue that will be different for everyone. what is most important is what SHE thinks. hiding the truth....or expressing it. by hiding it, you save face for ones self and also save others from experiencing their own selfishness according to what love dictates to most. to hide it is to be fake and you also limit others in what the truth holds and what they have to offer before one dies.there are pros and cons....either way....it's about how one wants to live their life and be remembered....

we are always being tested. by our creator....and by our own selves. if lies were an option, then let our creator lie to us as well. if choices can be limited, then let us limit other peoples choices while we still have the chance....by the lies we can tell..........

Who wants to die? No one wishes to die before all his wishes are fulfilled or if he is fed up of his wishes not being fulfilled.
Yes, if you find yourself in the place where you are told that you are here in this mortal world for a few days only and there is nothing that can be done, then you feel that the most unfortunate moment has come. To know that you will not live any longer is very very disappointing. It may not be the case when you meet an accident and you die almost on the site of accident. Otherwise if you do survive and are ailing or suffering you just ask GOD again and again what have you done wrong that you will not be living any further, no matter you still know that you have done enough wrong and you need the punishment both for yourself and the human race.

There are the feeling of a vacuum and the whole world seems to be betraying the lonely. Even the cosolence of the near and dear ones seems to pinch. You seem to be neglected even when there is no stone left unturned to save you.

And at that moment GOD is the one who seems to be betraying the most. You ask GOD again and again as to why have you been denied to vive a few more years and why some of your wishes are not yet fulfilled. There however is no limit to the desire but the lamenting continues.