xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puneye

Help Me With Mikrotik Router Os Set Up About Configuration of Mikrotik Router (I need as soon as fast help)

I need help set up Mikrotik OS Router. I bought Mikrotik Router Os from their website and a technician come here and installed here but suddenly it starts to work and I reinstalled it. I installed as in reference and I can access from another computer with the help of winbox on that router. But after that I am not able to configure reading their manual.I attached 2 ethernet to that computer one is for LAN i.e. for my local computer and a ether for ISP (Incoming internet connection). I need to put my Lan IP address like 192.168.0.x (IP address)255.255.255.0 (Subnet Mask)192.168.0.1 Gatewayand want use open DNS208.67.222.222and My incoming IP address like this202.70.83.XX255.255.255.x202.70.83.XXand DNS202.70.83.XI want to make Internet from 202.70.83.xx to 192.168.0.x I need to control bandwidth for my all computers having 192.168.0.X IPs. If you know please reply soon.

I'm not familiar with what functionalities are available in your router but I've worked with many routers of different brand so I have some ideas. (And it's a really late reply. :angel:)Isn't your router set up this way: ISP------>ROUTER-------------->COMPUTER(S)If it isn't, try setting it up that way. From what I understand of your description of the current setup, the computer comes first before the router. Home & Home Office routers comes with a DHCP Server so it should be able to provide the IP Addresses to any of the computers that will be connected to it. Just make sure that the computers are set to obtain their IP Addresses automatically. As for your WAN (ISP) Settings of your router, that would depend on what type of connection you have. If you have been provided with a static IP Address, you need to access your router's Set-up Page and manually enter the IP Information provided to you by your ISP. However, if you have an automatic connection, just set up your network as I presented above and perform a power cycle. Turn off everything and turn them back on starting with the modem, then the router and the computers connected to the router. But then again, it's a really late reply. I hope everything's working now.

I'm not familiar with what functionalities are available in your router but I've worked with many routers of different brand so I have some ideas. (And it's a really late reply. :angel: )
Isn't your router set up this way:

ISP------>ROUTER-------------->COMPUTER(S)

If it isn't, try setting it up that way. From what I understand of your description of the current setup, the computer comes first before the router. Home & Home Office routers comes with a DHCP Server so it should be able to provide the IP Addresses to any of the computers that will be connected to it. Just make sure that the computers are set to obtain their IP Addresses automatically.

As for your WAN (ISP) Settings of your router, that would depend on what type of connection you have. If you have been provided with a static IP Address, you need to access your router's Set-up Page and manually enter the IP Information provided to you by your ISP. However, if you have an automatic connection, just set up your network as I presented above and perform a power cycle. Turn off everything and turn them back on starting with the modem, then the router and the computers connected to the router.

But then again, it's a really late reply. I hope everything's working now.

yeah you are right its really late reply. It was difficult to set up Mikrotik Router what I asking for and I find solution googling it for a week. and now works fine. Anyway thanks for reply.

yeah you are right its really late reply. It was difficult to set up Mikrotik Router what I asking for and I find solution googling it for a week. and now works fine. Anyway thanks for reply.

That's good news!