xisto Community
mra550

Modu: The World's Smallest Phone?

I don't know if this was the latest and the smallest phone in our times but I just saw it in a TV commercial

and it says that it is the world's smallest phone btw. im from philippines

The Phone named as MODU and it is developed by Israelites (people from israel) and Guinnese Book of record

awarded this phone as the world's smallest phone well i know i am late to share this one and maybe

many of you know about this. It is also the lightest in weight

according to the developer the specs of this new phone is

an internal memory of 2GB with music player and loads of stuff XD

it only weighs 1.41 oz or 40.1 grams (how light)

and the size is 72?37x7.8 mm. wow (really small)

the price is between US$100 ? US$125 so its not cheap even its small XD

heres a photo of it

Posted Image

Edited by mra550 (see edit history)

Wow that thing is tiny. I don't think that that would even reach from your mouth to your ear. :) I would end up leaving something that tiny in my pocket to get destroyed in the wash. My Trac Phone has gone through the was twice and still works perfectly. I don't think I would ever by a phone that small.

Although I understand the manufacturers / designer's purpose is to create a minimalist and compact mobile phone, such a small mobile phone would simply not be practical for everyday consumer usage. Besides not having a full keypad (physical or touch), it is heavily limited in function, especially in a digital phone where people actively use smartphone functions to access and browse the Internet. From my point of view, this phone is more useful as an emergency phone for children with one-click access to an emergency contact e.g. parents or family friends.

Although I understand the manufacturers / designer's purpose is to create a minimalist and compact mobile phone, such a small mobile phone would simply not be practical for everyday consumer usage. Besides not having a full keypad (physical or touch), it is heavily limited in function, especially in a digital phone where people actively use smartphone functions to access and browse the Internet. From my point of view, this phone is more useful as an emergency phone for children with one-click access to an emergency contact e.g. parents or family friends.

Yes I agree with you that this phone is better and most useful for kids since it doesnt have that much keyboard for more features
a child can use this in case of emergencies practically in school example in parent meetings, accidents, and more other emergencies
to call their parents in just one easy click, and the best thing is your child won't get confuse of using it since he will click only
one button :)

Yea, there is a fine line between small and efficient and just too small. If I am going to spend over a hundred dollars on a cell I at least want a full keyboard. Can you imagine that thing having a full keyboard? Yikes that would be pretty ridiculous. Why is it so costly? Because its small? Or is there another feature?

Yea, there is a fine line between small and efficient and just too small. If I am going to spend over a hundred dollars on a cell I at least want a full keyboard. Can you imagine that thing having a full keyboard? Yikes that would be pretty ridiculous. Why is it so costly? Because its small? Or is there another feature?

its costly because it is popular from being small and light and remember it has a record on guinese XD so bad aha
maybe it has some features and you know people are collectives, they want to collect so many things but they
won't use it its for the sake of collection :D. Imagining that this one will get a full keyboard/keypad like in a real size Mobile
Phone I don't think it will fit into it and if it is XD wow so small keypads maybe you will use a thin stick to hit it :)

wow that thing is puny! I would probably end up cracking it in half, because it is so light weight, and small. It is nice that phones are getting smaller, but at a certain point, they get too small. Reminds me of skit I saw on MadTV....

@evil technologies are getting smaller every single day I wonder why people do that thing? well maybe because theywant to save more space? and small is cool XD well too small is bad for me because its hard to use.. I remember a newscovering the world smallest book aha

@evil technologies are getting smaller every single day I wonder why people do that thing? well maybe because theywant to save more space? and small is cool XD well too small is bad for me because its hard to use.. I remember a news
covering the world smallest book aha

lol, yeah. Things getting smaller, like cell phones, is nice. But it reaches a point where it is *TOO* small. You would not want to one day have a cell phone so small you need a toothpick to push the buttons, or a book so small, you need a magnifying glass to read it. :)

That's really interesting but I don't think it would have much of a practical use lol.I was thinking of getting either the Droid or Droid Eris since I have Verizon. AlthoughI heard that HTC is developing a new phone that utilizes the Android OS so that looksinteresting.:/

Haha, you're right.. small phones really aren't good.the iPhone is my preferred phone.. and it's pretty big.. but thin.I think maybe unless you could answer calls and use the phone with mental powers, then maybe you have a phoneThere's no real practical use with a small phone, unless you could figure out another way to push those micro buttons. :)

That looks like an mp3 player!  Well, it plays music so it can be an mp3 player.  :)

lol, yeah. Things getting smaller, like cell phones, is nice. But it reaches a point where it is *TOO* small. You would not want to one day have a cell phone so small you need a toothpick to push the buttons, or a book so small, you need a magnifying glass to read it. :D

You wouldn't need to get a toothpick to push the buttons.  Just wait until voice recognition gets perfected.  Then, you could dial with your voice!  Maybe someday, something called a iPhone Nano will be released.

That looks like an mp3 player! Well, it plays music so it can be an mp3 player. :D

You wouldn't need to get a toothpick to push the buttons. Just wait until voice recognition gets perfected. Then, you could dial with your voice! Maybe someday, something called a iPhone Nano will be released.

Haha, iPhone Nano, that sounds like a really good new invention xD

It's actually being thought of, I just googled something of the iPhone Nano

At the quarterly earnings conference call yesterday, Apple has hinted that it is not too interested in manufacturing the much rumoured entry-level iPhone Nano. Apple’s Tim Cook said: “You know us, we’re not going to play in the low-end voice phone [url="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;]business. That’s not who we are. It’s not why we’re here. We’ll let somebody else do that. Our objective is not to be the unit share leader in the cell phone industry. It’s to build the world’s best phones.

They'll eventually do something about it though, they'll need to make more money somehow :)

Haha, iPhone Nano, that sounds like a really good new invention xD

It's actually being thought of, I just googled something of the iPhone Nano

"At the quarterly earnings conference call yesterday, Apple has hinted that it is not too interested in manufacturing the much rumoured entry-level iPhone Nano. Apple's Tim Cook said: "You know us, we're not going to play in the low-end voice phone businessPosted Image. That's not who we are. It's not why we're here. We'll let somebody else do that. Our objective is not to be the unit share leader in the cell phone industry. It's to build the world's best phones."

They'll eventually do something about it though, they'll need to make more money somehow :)

Haha.  That's neat. I just googled it and found an image of what the iPhone Nano might look like AND what the iPhone shuffle might look like: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Look at how small that phone is. The shuffle looks sort of like a bluetooth-type thing.