xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
koolazngy94

Vps

Do you mean "Is Xisto run from a VPS?" or "Can you get a VPS from Xisto?"

Xisto isn't run from a VPS but from a number of physical servers in a datacentre in the US (if I remember correctly). OpaQue obviously knows a lot more about it than I do :)

As for getting a VPS from Xisto, you can. They start at $20 per month (which you can use your myCENTs to pay for). That gets you 192MB RAM (256MB burstable), 11GB drive space and 300GB bandwidth per month. The highest package is $59 per month with bigger and better everything :D There's more information about VPS hosting in the Billing centre. You can also speak to the sales team via the Billing page to ask any specific questions about particular packages or features.

Have a look for yourself. Virtual Private Servers on Trap are way too expensive though.

Sky, if you take a look at the hsoting companies like slicehost and some other reputed companies. You'll find the VPS packages offered here are much better and competitive.

Slicehost offers initial package at 28$ while CH offers the same at 20$. Dreamhost,media temple, wired tree are the top in VPS and cost high as well. CH and Slicehost are much cheap upto 512 MB RAM. After that for higher RAM i guess it is better to go with wired tree or some other host.

Click Order on the right hand side.

In the Categories drop down at the top of the page, select Virtual Private Servers.

The page will refresh and show you the VPS options. Click the radio button next to the one you want to order.

Click Click to Continue >> at the bottom of the page.

Complete any information you need to for your order.

Sky, if you take a look at the hsoting companies like slicehost and some other reputed companies. You'll find the VPS packages offered here are much better and competitive.
Slicehost offers initial package at 28$ while CH offers the same at 20$. Dreamhost,media temple, wired tree are the top in VPS and cost high as well. CH and Slicehost are much cheap upto 512 MB RAM. After that for higher RAM i guess it is better to go with wired tree or some other host.

Yeah, I noticed that. :) But getting a Virtual Private Server from Xisto is expensive, aswell because you'd have to pay most time posting and posting for MyCENTs in order to get it. I mean, who on THIS forum has over 1,000 dollars USD of MyCENTs in their account? (Except for OpaQue of course. :lol)

you'd have to pay most time posting and posting for MyCENTs in order to get it

You can mix and match myCENTs with other payment methods, you know. For example, I just bought a domain and paid about $6 with myCENTs and the rest with my debit card. Think of the myCENTs as gift vouchers - you can put them towards a purchase or buy something with just those, but you can combine them with another payment method if you want to treat yourself to something more expensive.