xisto Community
mark125

How To Copy And Install A Mobilies Operating Files? :s

hey, I have the phone but it has a rubbish "orange TM" menu with annoughing orange music, orange world etc... icons on the menu (especially when i am on O2 myself) whereas my friend has a more useful main menu and boots up saying O2 rather than mine saying orange so i guess its a different company with a different OS as i cant find any settings anywhere for changing these so... does anyone know how can I copy his phones operating system to my PC and then download and install it to my mobile which is of the same make and model as his (if it will change these feratures)? is there some software I can use? I have 'googled' it and I don't seem to get anywhere. The make and model in question is the samsung F400. I have tried the PC studio disk that came with the phone but cant find any tools for this job :/. Any helps useful :)

I changed my network from Vodafone to O2 a while back, and wondered exactly the same - was there some way to put a new version of the software on the phone so that I could get rid of Vodafone's stuff? The answer I got was a resounding "no". The best I could do was force the phone to reset it's firmware completely. However, this kept some remnants of the menace of Vodafone, such as a menu item. It seems like the OS is written to some read-only memory (at least in my phone) so there is no way to replace it. If anyone has had any success otherwise, let us know.