xisto Community
Nameless_

Hacking, Making Bots, And Programming? Help for a noob

Uhm i felt exactly like you do ... about 7 months ago when i started my web adventure. If u wanna become a web programmer and do some hardcore stuff there's several approaches to it as you might have already figured that out. What i can say that it was as much frustrating and time consuming and tiresome for me as it could be for you without guidance. There are a lot of options for how to make a website. There are countless tools but i recommend that you start off like a did : using notepad ( or not to be that sadistic Notepad++) as a text editor. Now... there's 2 types of sites... static and dynamic... The static ones are just made up of HTML and CSS as you know. The dynamic ones involve some sort of server side technology (and provide some functionality like adding comments or the usage of users or image uploading etc). This is where it gets confusing. You've got a lot of options :ASP .NETJAVA EE (Servlets,JSP)RUBYPYTHON PHPZEND (improved php, kinda)ACTION SCRIPT 3 ( from Adobe )and so on...First thing you should do is choose one. I would start with PHP which used to stand for personal home page. It's quite simple, not a complicated learning curve and one can use php to create some really nice web applications really fast. I personally don't like it, i use Java... but that's just me. I have had about 4 years of programming background in which i developed plenty of desktop applications. So... i say... grab a few books for : HTML,CSS,JAVASCRIPT and PHP .... read them... make some simple examples ... and you should be on a good starting point from there on out. After making a simple PHP site with login and logout and i dunno ... leaving a comment on the site or something you should have a good grasp of the basic notions of what being a web developer involves. Oh... and for the books i recommend you look up the Head First series. Those books really opened my eyes.Well, hope that helps. Hit those books and don't give up... getting good at something requires a lot of work... trust me... i KNOW :angel:)Regards, Sebastian