xisto Community
google_byte

Help Me! Need help with index.html problem

I just uploaded my site but what do I do next? I uploaded the index.html and home.html files onto the server but when I go to googlebyte.trap17.com it shows this:

Posted Image

is this supposed to happen? did i miss a step or something? please help!! btw when I try to access my wordpress (/wordpress/) directory it says it isn't there. Is this a common problem and is there a solution/workaround for this? Thankyou very much

~Googlebyte

1st of all, you have to make sure that you are uploading all your files to that /WWW dir. The public_html and the /www are the same. just that the later is a quick access to the former.

2nd. make sure that you delete the former index.html or you can just overwrite it so that your own index.html can show instead of the T17 page showing up there.

I think that should be able to hepl you in your probs.

Hope you r probs have been solved now.

When you upload your index.html, you must FIRST click on the little folder icon that is next to the 'www' folder. I am not sure why, but if you just upload it straight away when you get to the File Manager (it will show some files) it doesn't change your homepage. This happened to me and I did not know why! I hope this helps..~Mike

I had this problem for two days, wracking my brain, thinking I lost my mind then I went into my mozilla browser and everything started working. I could edit my pages without a problem.

for me I was using msn/sympatico in canada amd for some reason I couldnt edit pages, but it works fine in mozilla. I also cleaned up a lot of files, temp files, cache etc. It never hurts.