xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soviet Rathe

Info On Security Clearances And Transgenderism?

I'm not sure what category this topic falls under. if this is the wrong category please move it.

This is not my question, A friend wants to know and he can't find what he's looking for on google

He want's info on security clearances and transgenderism, personally I have no clue lol (in fact. the big words are hurting my head :S)

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

you really need to be more specific than that bud. where is the specific questions? is he an employer or an employee? is your friend the product of transgender? does he want to know about the laws? or what can happen if an employer finds out?

all security clearances are is access to information that most people don't have access to. transgenderism is just the thought or idea that the label they recieved as male or female was wrong or not a total clear picture of who they are.

now to combine the two is a tricky situation....especially dependant on any security clearance and the roles that come with the security clearance. it's a touch world out there. an empoyer can fire anyone whether for legal or illegal reasons. sometimes, it's best to keep ones beliefs to themselves. and if transgender has anything to do with transexual ways or cross dressing, it's best to leave it outside the workplace. it's a compromise. in a way, you have to hide yourself, but in another way, you don't...in your own home or in acceptable social scenes.

obviously security clearances are given under trust. if you lie about who you are or found out to have lied about who you are, the trust isn't there and one could find themselves fired. if the truth is not hidden, there may have to be psychological testing and what not depending on the clearance level.

transgenderism is also a general term and could hold many definitions depending on specific people. therefore any relationship between transgenderism and security clearances would be up in the air on an individual basis. note that even people who don't consider themselves transgender could have psychological problems. same with those who ARE transgender...and since transgender isn't readily accepted within society yet, there could be many problems associated with transgenderism within society.....even legally speaking.

one really has to make a choice. is it worth risking ones livelihood, fighting for rights when one can potentially lose everything....or take the safe route and conform to society when society demands it under certain circumstances.

hope this helps a little. you need to really address your friends concerns a little better for a much more specific response. because you posted this under law, i am assuming now that this is a legal issue? in which case i can tell you that there are no laws against transgenders recieving security clearances since i believe the united states takes a firm stand on equal opportunities which include not discriminating against any one sex. but this does NOT include sexual preferences.

i think transgenderism is tricky all by itself in society since there isn't really a lot of studies between the labels we are given at birth and who we really are and what it is based on(born that way or products of environment). so when you combine that with security clearances, then it gets even more tricky....since if you were born male and don't feel male(or vica versa), some people will believe that person is confused and nobody in their right mind should ever give security clearances to someone who is confused since trust would be one main factor in issuing a clearance. tricky tricky tricky....

I'm not sure what category this topic falls under. if this is the wrong category please move it.

This is not my question, A friend wants to know and he can't find what he's looking for on google

He want's info on security clearances and transgenderism, personally I have no clue lol (in fact. the big words are hurting my head :S)