xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
filmdesire

Charlize Theron - Photoshop Before And After Restoring skin tone and hair.

May post a tutorial on this soon, what do you think?

Before

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

After

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Would like some response.

NOTE: Could take up to a few minutes to load due to size of photography!

Edit:

Eye Color

Hair Color/Highlights

Edited by filmdesire (see edit history)

Nice editing! It only looks like the only thing that changed was the oily skin and the skin color but nice job. Where do you get these stock images, so i can get some for photoshop or gimp?

Nice editing! It only looks like the only thing that changed was the oily skin and the skin color but nice job. Where do you get these stock images, so i can get some for photoshop or gimp?

Its mainly what's changed. It's just a little hard to extract the body and revive the skin so it looks human like.

You can get images from google usually. I mean being exact with search terminology usually helps. With celebrities like Charlize its pretty easy to get a HQ 300dpi + images on google, but often it is dificult and a lot of searching around!

umm, if you want to find general images! Google phrases like 'teen model' or 'model full res'

Or you may seriously want to consider joining free stock sites .

My favourites -

http://www.freeimages.com/ (have to join I think - inorder to get the hi res - may need to request permission or request large res from photographer)
http://www.deviantart.com/ (you may sometimes need to request a hi-res, just say ur a student and need some editing practise and most photographers are happy to support your cause)

Good luck! Let me know how that goes! :D

Maybe it's my laptop but looks like the original picture just had the color balance and contrast enhanced.I was looking for maybe lighter eye color, like light blue. Or, even yet a dramatic change to deep crystal blue.One of my tattoo artists does this: he places his copyright like a tattoo on the body using photoshop. I thought it was a cool little trick. He bends and adds to the curvature of the location on the body. Your copyright or watermark would look good by her left arm, running down :) Who knows.

well, I can see the difference, but what's the point? Is this your art or are you showing us how good you are in photoshop??

This isn't original art, i.e. I did not take the photograph.

What such practises do is create a challenge for the designer. If you can create skin tones from existing texture then it is valued by the advertising and beauty industry as it means you can overcome anomalies or even enhance the skin tone of the model.

It looks simple, but it took at least 6-8 hours to get the right colours across. This was done by comparing the models original skin tone. Further to this, the eye colour, the highlights in the hair, and cutting out her body and hair (which is the most difficult to feather out) to extract the model was done to establish a more human like tone.

I basically tried to reverse the image to her original.

If you're still questioning my logic, there's the original I used, so try it yourself...

Maybe it's my laptop but looks like the original picture just had the color balance and contrast enhanced.
I was looking for maybe lighter eye color, like light blue. Or, even yet a dramatic change to deep crystal blue.

One of my tattoo artists does this: he places his copyright like a tattoo on the body using photoshop. I thought it was a cool little trick. He bends and adds to the curvature of the location on the body. Your copyright or watermark would look good by her left arm, running down :D Who knows.

That is an awesome trick. It's very possible although i've never tried it. I will try it, but the only problem is - if it's not big enough then it can be erased, and reclaimed.

That can really hurt - especially if it's original art...

But I will try creating that effect :) -

Thanks!