xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilentWarrior

Domains And Trap17

I bought http://www.11freunde-blog.info/ for my Xisto hosted site. I followed the tutorial on setting it up and it looks good as it does go to site when you type in tcclan.org but when you type it in the domain disapeers and it shows the full Xisto path? I got this about 2days ago...do I have to wait longer for it to fully mask / only show the domain? Or did I do something wrong when setting up the domain I got from godaddy.Thanks :D

I'm not sure what the tutorial is but this is what you should do.(1) Goto GoDaddy to change nameservers to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.com. If it is already done, skip this step.(2) log into your cpanel at Xisto and choose ADD ON domains (NOT parked domains).(3) type in your domain name (tcclan.org) no need for www(4) the username you can leave as the default one and should be "tcclan-org"(5) choose a passwordthis should be all you need to do. This will create a directory in your Xisto www directory called "tcclan-org".You can use your ftp program to upload your files. Set the username to "tcclan-org@tc-clan.trap17.com" and use the password you set above. Use "tc-clan.trap17.com" as your ftp server.Edit: You should delete it from parked domain first if you have used parked domain.

ok I did that and before I had it as a parked domain...it still doesnt seem to mask though...I type tcclan.org and than address turns into tc-clan.trap17.com/tc .... how do i make it fully dot com no Xisto seen ?

it should work. you probably have a redirect in your cpanel under "manage redirects"anyway, it doesn't matter now since I see your nameservers are pointed to NS1.COMPUTING-WEB-HOSTING.COM and NS2.COMPUTING-WEB-HOSTING.COMtcclan.org now shows up with opaques Xisto page. So, I am assuming it is working.

I used Park Domains, exactly as per my tutorial, and it masks perfectly.. I don't know why yours isn't working..