xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Freedom?

I think the next person I hear carrying on about all the wonderful freedoms we have in the United States and how great it is, I'm likely to slap the snot out of them! Was just listening to TV New years day, and they were listing all the stupid laws that will now be going into effect at the first of the year. Some of this stuff is absolutly STUPID!!! It's getting to where you will be arrested if you fart in public. People need to wake up, get their heads of of their rears and start paying attention to what these idiotic congressmen are doing to our country! We can't afford to sit back and lete special interst groups take control of every aspect in our lives. We also need to have a serious attitude change and stop worrying so dang much about running other people's lives. So what if your neighbor doesn't mow his grass till it is 4 inches high and you wish he would do it when it was 3 inches. Don't go running to the government to pass more stupid laws. Get over it. Take care of your own life, live and let live, all that jazz! One of the new laws passed in Arkansas has now outlawed the sale of TOY guns. People, grow a brain! Children have played with toy guns for hundreds of years. But now because some whinney a-- person things it might promote violence they passed a law against it. What a crock!PLEASE help stop this rapidly spiraling downhill trend this country had gotten into. Think before you react to proposed legislation. Try to see the big ppicture. Pay attention to what your congressmen are doing. Don't let the vocal minority ruin the lives of the general population.

What i would like to see is a law that says that a service cannot be demanded by law. For example, car insurance; if i don't want it, then i don't need it. I see it completely absurd for things like car insurance to be required by law, which of course applies to every other insurance, like health insurance. I would also like to see a law that states that your property can't be taken away for things unrelated to it. I hear failure to pay for certain federal taxes can get your property taken away, though you paid fully for the property and therefore have full ownership of it. I would also like to see a law that says that after paying off the mortgage, no one living there can be later issued a mortgage unless the property is sold, and if sold, banks do not take control of the property.However, who are passing laws today? I know we vote people into office, but that shouldn't mean making every decision for us. As for the voting process, i don't know of any way that would prevent false results, and without such a way, it can be as if nothing has changed.

are you serious? they banned the sale of toy guns?im pretty sure lots of toy makers will be angry at thiswhat ever happened to the freedom, of speech and expression, sure i understand it simulates the use of an actual gun, and all, but its a toy?if we are going down this trail, then we should ban video games as well, they simulate a lot of things that are not that greatbtw is it banned for all, or just under 18? that would be funny haha

They didn't really ban the selling of toy guns, they just banned the selling of toy guns that look like real guns and require that they have an orange tip on the barrel so people can tell the difference. Apparently this law has been in effect nationwide in the U.S. for almost three decades but wasn't being obeyed by smaller stores in that state. Kids can still play with guns, they just want them to be distinguishable from real guns for a lot of good reasons. It's really not a big deal.

It's really not a big deal.

Yea, right. Just a little deal. Just a little dab of freedom of choise. Nothing to worry about. They won't come back next year and make it tougher, strounger or more inclusive. Dream on. See, this is the problem I'm talking about. They start with little things and then they mushroom into a huge deal that takes away our rights. Don't kid yourself this is not a big deal.
Think about this one.
What is an Elephant?????
It is a mouse built to government specifications!!!

What i would like to see is a law that says that a service cannot be demanded by law. For example, car insurance; if i don't want it, then i don't need it. I see it completely absurd for things like car insurance to be required by law, which of course applies to every other insurance, like health insurance. I would also like to see a law that states that your property can't be taken away for things unrelated to it. I hear failure to pay for certain federal taxes can get your property taken away, though you paid fully for the property

I sure wish you would get your wish, but your in big trouble on these. Our dear congress is going to pass that stupid health care bill one way or the other and we will all be forced to get and pay for health insurance. And remember what happened when the government forced us to get car insurance??? Insurance rates took a sudden and very large jump, since the now had the government forcing it down our throats. Funny thing, (not) for quite awhile we even had to continue paying for uninsured moterists on our premieums, when in fact or theory, there were no longer any uninsured motorists, but the government let the insurance companies get away with that one. I hate to think what health care insurance will jump to.

And yes, if you don't pay your property taxes, they can and will take your home right out from under you. In this screwed up country, no matter how hard you work, the government take take away everything you have ever worked for in the blink of an eye.