xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Music

A Very Stupid Question. Jw

I have a question....I know this is probably stupid...On your own website...If you have google Adsense or any other click for money adds.....Can you click your own ads and get money from them.The only thing I would think that stops you from this would be possibly I.P?

TOA (terms of agreement) varies from one CPC (cost-per-click) service to another, so it depends. for google adsense, clicking your own ads is a DEFINITE NO-NO. unless of course you want your adsense account suspended, and your earnings default back to zero. google adsense is very strict, so don't ever attempt it, because they will know. :Dhaven't tried other CPC services other than google adsense yet.

I'm telling this from experience from using Google Adsense, DON'T EVER thinnk about clicking on your ads, I know, it's quite the tempting thing, masking your ip, (or not), and then clicking to get some big bucks, :D, it may fool Google for a while, but they will literarly hunt you down, they are soooooooo secretive and very catoius about how the monitor clicks per advetisement. Any "irregularies" that they find, such as an ip clicking an advertisemnt many times they will automatically ban you. I got banned, for no reason at all, just becasue I got more clicks, and if you try to aruge with them, it wont work. So, the best thing to do, is promote your site, so people will actaully visit them, or leve them be. It's ot worth risking Google finding out. (Sob... :D I lost 360 bucks becasue they banend me from adsense.)

Also, you can read my Google Adsense Tutorial thread on how to make big bucks when using Google Adsense.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6544-make-money-with-google-adsense-how-to-get-the-most-money-out-of-it/

And may I add Music that don't ever do that on any ad network - not just Google. Click fraud is such a big problem today that almost all, big and small, ad networks have click-fraud detection systems installed ready to track and punish all erring and abusive publishers.