xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Logical

Bad Weather Disrupts Uk Travel Ahead Of Christmas

Snow and ice continues to cause travel chaos across the UK, a day after thousands of motorists were stranded by wintry conditions.Flights from many airports including Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow, Glasgow and Edinburgh airports are still disrupted.
Eurostar resumed a limited service on Tuesday, after being closed for three days due to extreme weather in France.
Police said heavy snow was causing "mayhem" on the roads in Aberdeen, with lorries getting stuck on the A90.
BBC weather forecaster Laura Tobin said ice was the major problem, and there would be more heavy snow in north-east and south-west Scotland, eventually moving into Cumbria by Tuesday evening.

Read on :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8426006.stm

It seems it snows everywhere lately. From US to Europe. Everyday on the news we get the same news , people stuck in traffic in some long forgotten region ... It's sad actually but here where i live the autorities dont really do much for the stranded. The ones who get in this situations have the most part of blame thinking they can drive in these conditions. Until the weather changes we're just gonna keep having hard times.I'm a driver too , i know how hard it is to drive in this conditions.

It was about -10/-17 Celsius in my country and was quite fun, with snow, I can't remember such a cold winter in the past 5 years, but for Christmas it's going to be much warmer about -1/+2 Celsius which will ruin Christmas for a lot of people, the snow will melt, it will rain and there will be some snow too and a fog.. not a good time to travel and celebrate something and because of economic "crisis" they don't clean the small region roads as they used to last year, so it's really hard to drive in such conditions. :P

I really don't see the logic of whining about bad weather. It happens, it sucks, and that's life. People should expect bad weather and the general rush of the holidays to clog up the highways and airports. I can understand people being frusturated not being able to arrive to their destinations on the holidays. I saw a news article of people having to camp out in the airports, and believe me, that's not fun. But, you have to expect the worst when traveling.?