xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

vista disc not booting up Operating System Not Found

vista disc not booting upOperating System Not Found

hi guys,

I been so stupid now a days,my original operating system was windows vista 32 bit,I am satisfied with it but I did installled windows xp on the same machine,meaning I changed the operating system and now its in xp(NOT DUAL OS)only xp..My problem is I wanna changed it agian to make it vista again because a bought something that is not xp compatible so I have to go back to  vista to make it work...My problem is I know how to boot it with the operating disc but this time the machine is not reading the vista disc,I have 2 vista os disc those two both not working but when I insert the xp disc it works fine I mean it shows press any key to boot from the cd which is not with the vista disc..

hoping the somebody will give me solution in my problem as soon as possible..

thanks a ton.. 

-question by chubby

is the windows disk you have for vista scratched? if it is maybe you need to get a new one if it is'nt, go into your BIOS then make sure that your dvd drive is set as the primary boot device and try booting your vista disk again and if that does'nt work i'd probably just go into the xp install use that disk to format the drive to NTFS and then try the vista disk.

Yes the exact thing happened to me, forcing me to install a whole new OS ( Hello Windows 7 ) Your best bet to avoiding this in the future is to make you own recovery disc. Windows 7 allows this and I think if I remember correctly so does XP.

Yeah, this also can be caused by settings in your BIOS. Make sure your computers BIOS allows you to boot with your CD drive as number 1 (first).Unfortunately, I can't get my Windows 7 disk to boot either. :D It just continuiously reboots my system. It doesn't even get passed my BIOS startup. :)

Have you tried messing with your boot settings in your BIOS, If not they try that first.On your OS which ever one you are on go to Run then Type 'Msconfig' Go to boot and check what and how many are there. Please respond with the answer.

Hard disk not found on your systemvista disc not booting up

I am installing win xp on vista os. After booting from xp cd it show the error not any hard disk found on your system. 

Last time I saw one engineer solve this problem by using another cd .I ask him about cd he tell me it,s ripper cd .  Please solve my this problem  I required bootable  ripper cd image . From which site I get image.

-reply by Nilesh