xisto Community
filmdesire

Topic Tags.. What Are They?

After posting a topic, I usually get this thing at the top which allows me to add tags to the topic post. I was thinking, is this what search engines will use to index the topic?Or is this simply to index the TAG CLOUD? Is it ether?

Yes, all tags/keywords are what search engines use to index content. but that's not all they use to index topics. the content of your post actually are indexed as well. and it's also put in the tag cloud. and used to search the forum as keywords.Correct me if I'm wrong

The tags should just be words related to your post and topic. They help both ordinary users and search engines work out what a topic is about, and find similar content. For example, clicking a tag gives you a page where you vcan see all other topics with that same tag, allowing you to find related content easily. Search engines also use the actual content of the page to determine the content, rather than just easily located tags.