xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
filmdesire

Can You Embed Youtube Videos In The Forum? Just a wonder..

I was thinking, I want to post video tutorials and interesting videos that I have uploaded at youtube. I was thinking, I know you can insert a link to a youtube channel or video url, but can you embed a video as you would in facebook, or a blog? Can you do that, and if you can is it allowed..If it isn't available, can it be implemented, and if so is it a good idea?Just a thought for improvement maybe... :P I know im just a newbie, but hey - an idea's an idea!

Unless i'm mistaken, i heard this would be available for IPB 3. For now you will only be able to insert links to the video. This feature can be implemented without having to upgrade to IPB 3, but that is a choice left to the administrators.

yuck. i'd rather just see the link. i can just see people spamming videos for the first few months after an upgrade.....not to mention if more than one video plays at the same time automatically....blah!

Unless i'm mistaken, i heard this would be available for IPB 3. For now you will only be able to insert links to the video. This feature can be implemented without having to upgrade to IPB 3, but that is a choice left to the administrators.

Yes. I hope that the embed and object codes can be implemented in the IPB. iframe was banned not too long ago for security reasons and I'm assuming embed and object were not in the past due to similar reasons.Besides spamming, I noticed that when an embedded object is loading it stalls the rest of page loading time. I have a simple blog that I post various embedded YouTube videos. And I'm been noticing that when there are YouTube videos loading on my page, the rest of graphics or footer are hanging until some YouTube contents are ready. I'm not sure if that's on my part but it's annoying.

Yes. I hope that the embed and object codes can be implemented in the IPB. iframe was banned not too long ago for security reasons and I'm assuming embed and object were not in the past due to similar reasons.
Besides spamming, I noticed that when an embedded object is loading it stalls the rest of page loading time. I have a simple blog that I post various embedded YouTube videos. And I'm been noticing that when there are YouTube videos loading on my page, the rest of graphics or footer are hanging until some YouTube contents are ready. I'm not sure if that's on my part but it's annoying.

Hmm... Maybe it's not such a good idea after all? I was just thinking, like a drop-down iframe or something of the sorts which will open up a video. I don't know but maybe limiting the amount of videos per page (?) if that's possible, and also if you were to maybe implement this to say that only the member who posts the topic is able to submit this video for review/news report (makes discussion more interesting..)

Just a thought :P

thanks for the info!