xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
inverse_bloom

Multi Monitor Setups

I was wondering who enjoys having multiple monitors for their computer set up. For me, I have a laptop hooked up with a 17 inch screen. Its great for work flow, to be able to switch between those two workspaces. I often might have an coding editor up in one window and the web page i'm editing in the other window. 

I multi task a lot so as far as im concerned it is a huge advantage to have such a convenience. Perhaps having three monitors up at once would make another large difference even again. Its good for to have two browser windows up with multiple tabs on them when researching topics also. 

Here an info-graphic displaying how to obtain such configuration through nVidia cards -

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli

Having multiple spaces to tab through on Linux is good too. My ultimate configuration would be having windows setup on 2 screens, and having another screen with a Linux/freeBSD virtual machine. I could then tab through its 4 workspaces or whatever i decide to setup. But then, thats my "ideal" setup.