xisto Community
retry56

The New Feature Of Google Translate

I do not see any listen feature there. Can you tell me what language are you translating text from? May be the LISTEN feature is available only for selected few languages.

Listen feature only appears when a text in any language is translated to English. It is useful for people who are learning English. Hope it would be available in other languages too.

Yeah, seen that before. But it seems not to be much good At the moment, or rather to be useless, that's for me at least. i've never have anything on my mind to push that and hear anything it said when i can read them by myself :P. But then again it's still in new state, so we can hope for it to improve :P

This sounds like it'll be pretty neat once it's running smoothly. Google Wave has translating functionality built-in for real-time translations provided through instant-messaging like Wave communications. Combining something like a speech feature with that (once it's available for more languages) could open up a tremendous array of possibilities. Consider:

> Being able to make a phone call to your Google Wave inbox and hearing voice representations of your unread messages, no matter what language the sender created them in.

Or...

> For accessibility purposes, someone could opt to have their messages transcribed in their native tongue without the use of a screen reader.

Additionally (outside of Wave), this could be used for language learning systems that allow users to interact with words and hear sound representations as the words they're typing are entered and translated.

For example, for someone trying to learn English, as they're typing the word cat, they could hear: Kuh-a-Tuh as the individual letters are being typed and then "cat" when it's actually entered.

Pretty neat stuff.

Have you seen or tried the new Google Translate,, go https://translate.google.com/

They have this "Listen" feature, and its translate improved,,

Wonder who is behind this coding,

Anyone knows? or Probably want to comment!

Hmm,,

Have you seen or tried the new Google Translate,, go https://translate.google.com/

They have this "Listen" feature, and its translate improved,,

Wonder who is behind this coding,

Anyone knows? or Probably want to comment!

Hmm,,

Really cool facility I was not knowing about it really when we are translating to english its giving this listen facility too. Which is really a good one. One more thing I have seen some where in some website they were using the google traslate tool in there web site. Any body here who knows how to add this tool to our web site. Thanks in advance.