xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
retry56

Wooden Car Cost $40,000

Hi!@anwiiThe speed of the car goes up to 80 kilometers per hour and not 80 miles per hour. The conversion of 80 kilometers per hour works out to roughly 50 miles per hour.I would be concerned about the wind resistance though since wood has more drag, especially when it hasn't been polished yet, which seems to be the case with this car.I'm surprised they actually added in a CD player for the car! It looks easy for somebody to steal though - they could have extended the wood around it to form a casing.

Dear friends it really looks good and cool. But I doubt the practicality. I mean to say the safety measures etc. It doesn’t look safer according to me due to the material used for making it and that is wood. In case of accidents what will be the condition of this car is it actually thought by the manufacturers or not. It is obvious that they have worked really hard on it. Moreover its cost is also very high that is about 20,00,000 Rs. So it should be treated as really a luxurious car only due to the cost, its not for middle class people if I am not wrong here. Any how it really looks good a homely d?cor feeling.?

Hmm..If I were the owner of this "wooden vehicle," I would not be driving it on busy streets or the highway.Safety - Its made of wood.Wood + Speed = Unsafe.Just think of the collision.. Metal vs. Wood. Who wins?I doubt there are airbags in this wooden vehicle. And how about a concussion when your head hits the wood infront of you?I wonder how they get this thing to run without burning up. Does it run on fuel? If not then its safe when it comes to the engine part.It'd be ashame if this caught on fire, or if it were lit by purpose. In today's economy, what can the money spent on this be used for?Charities, homeless people in shelters, starving children of lesser developed countries.$40,000 USD to a waste.

Well, I think it's pretty cool. As far as cost, I don't suppose the maker of the car got paid a very high wage by the hour if you figure the time it took to do that much fancy woodworking. Making, sanding, fitting and finishing all those many wooden pieces was no easy feet. I'm betting he didn't have a woodworking pattern to go by either, since there isn't likely to be another one of those around. All in all, it's a pretty cool rig!