xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ORene

Is Passion Better Than Reason?

Some people tell you to follow your feelings, instinct or passions. Some others say you got to think things before doing them. This topic is about passions, I've always believed following your passions is better than following your reasoning. However on the last days some stuff has been going on and has made me re-consider it. Is passion really better than reason? Is it really worth it? Eveline was leaning her head on the window, wondering if her decision was the best. The plan was to go away to Buenos Aires with her boyfriend Frank, but she wasn’t sure about making such a big step in her life. Moreover, Eveline’s is a sign of weakness. First of all, she didn’t even know what she really wanted. On one side she wants to be with her family and keep the promise she made to her mom. But on the other side she wants to leave out of that broken home. Moreover, she doesn’t even know if she loves her boyfriend or not, she only likes to feel that somebody cares about her. She was really undecided about which life she wanted as well as the decision that would be best for her. Another sign of weakness is that she made a decision and then drew back. She was already decided to go with her boyfriend to Buenos Aires but at the end she couldn’t stand her position and she ran away cowardly. If she had been strong she would have thought with her brain before doing what she felt. However, she was not strong enough to stay firm in her choice. Finally, she was not even able to keep a promise. She promised to her mom when she was about to die to keep their family united; however, she ignored her promise and tried to leave her father. Another promise she made was with her boyfriend Frank. She promised him that they would go together to Buenos Aires, but at the last second she regretted it and she ran away. In every moment she just showed that she was not strong enough to make good decisions. First, she did not know what she wanted. Secondly, because of her weak sense of will. And finally with her incompetence of keeping a promise. She just showed that no matter what happens, this is not going to change.I'd like someone to post an argument in favor of passions. I am starting to think logic and reasoning is the way... :S Is passion just a weakness?

Edited by ORene (see edit history)

I'd like someone to post an argument in favor of passions. I am starting to think logic and reasoning is the way... :S Is passion just a weakness?

Life will be boring if there is no passion. And if passion is not directed then we start to think about some of the issues in life. So it requires balance between things. Unless we balance our needs and passion there is no point in it. Logic and reasoning is good but at some point it restricts us from being social or involved in people. So passion is good to keep people together and motivated. It's not weakness in any way.

passion is GREAT. it helps motivate us. although the drawback is that passion is based on emotions. emotions have no brains which means if your just looking at passion alone, it has no reasoning to it. it's like telling someone to follow their heart. that advice could get people in trouble. what's better in my opinion is to combine passion with logic and reasoning. try to find that common ground and balance without losing the passion as passion can easily be lost if there are rules to dictate it.

i have a similar experience in my life right now where i was passionate about something and i lost it due to unforeseen circumstances that crushed the passion. i am trying desperately to find a way to gain it back because it was the lifeline to my motivation and without the motivation, the logic and reasoning might as well be lost too as i can't use them anymore.

i really like the concept of this thread because it's a topic that can make you think and i for one am a firm believer that one should combine passion with logic and reasoning for a balance and responsible decision making that can lead to a more successful path. let's face it. logic and reasoning is boring but more responsible. passion is exciting but more irresponsible. there has to be a balance.

Some people tell you to follow your feelings, instinct or passions. Some others say you got to think things before doing them. This topic is about passions, I've always believed following your passions is better than following your reasoning. However on the last days some stuff has been going on and has made me re-consider it. Is passion really better than reason? Is it really worth it?
Eveline was leaning her head on the window, wondering if her decision was the best. The plan was to go away to Buenos Aires with her boyfriend Frank, but she wasnt sure about making such a big step in her life. Moreover, Evelines is a sign of weakness.
First of all, she didnt even know what she really wanted. On one side she wants to be with her family and keep the promise she made to her mom. But on the other side she wants to leave out of that broken home. Moreover, she doesnt even know if she loves her boyfriend or not, she only likes to feel that somebody cares about her. She was really undecided about which life she wanted as well as the decision that would be best for her.
Another sign of weakness is that she made a decision and then drew back. She was already decided to go with her boyfriend to Buenos Aires but at the end she couldnt stand her position and she ran away cowardly. If she had been strong she would have thought with her brain before doing what she felt. However, she was not strong enough to stay firm in her choice.
Finally, she was not even able to keep a promise. She promised to her mom when she was about to die to keep their family united; however, she ignored her promise and tried to leave her father. Another promise she made was with her boyfriend Frank. She promised him that they would go together to Buenos Aires, but at the last second she regretted it and she ran away.
In every moment she just showed that she was not strong enough to make good decisions. First, she did not know what she wanted. Secondly, because of her weak sense of will. And finally with her incompetence of keeping a promise. She just showed that no matter what happens, this is not going to change.

I'd like someone to post an argument in favor of passions. I am starting to think logic and reasoning is the way... :S Is passion just a weakness?

Happiness ,love ,Emotions are wonderful amazing colorful, dramatic, fascinating, and complete essential dimensions of every person's experience.

So many of us are taught in our lives to ignore, isolate ,suppress, or deny your own subtle feelings and vivid,deep passions.

Always allowing ourselves to second guess our own selves ,there for actually doing nothing in our lives except sitting in same rut ,the day before .

There is always logic reasoning to events in our lives that need o hold some focus upon ,at same time ,we do not follow our own desires and our heart filled with passion that is whom you really are inside yourself always trying find something else than ,living your life as you wish it to be .

Sometimes a person just has to act upon their emotions ,their feelings ,reach out on that limb ,to actually find that logic reason or pure passion that could actually create a complete balance within your own self .

At the same time passion has complete logic.

Our emotions obey their complete own set unique rules that each of us can educate ,be excited and understand,when each of us really listen to,ourselves and learn from, fully master, and take it as it comes to you and just enjoy.

Enjoy what is inside you ,without allowing those restrictions .