xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Do You Think There Should Be Some Professional Qualification Requirements For Politicians Also.

Professional qualification requirements for politicians  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear friends do you think there should be some professional qualification requirements for politicians also. Actually why this point came into mind was nowadays we are facing the municipality elections over here in our area. There are two giant political parties who are striving for the seat of the president. And in our district the seat is reserved for female. From one party there were two candidates striving for the ticket for elections and out of them one is a college principal and the other lady is just not even high school passed, You people will not believe that she is not even able to speak in front of the public. Will you believe the college principal was not given the ticket from that party and the high school lady was given the ticket. Means I am not able to understand actually what is the criteria on which these political parties are working. The actual eligible candidate who can work and think and take own decisions is not given the chance to serve and one who is not even able to deliver a speech in front of the public is given the chance. Actually in such political stunts, the actual brain who is going to work is somebody else and the one who is standing in the elections is going to act just as a seal and stamp that’s all. Due to this behavior from the political party the principal of the college mentioned by me before has also decided to stand in the elections on her own I mean to say without the back of any strong party. Now its up to the public who is the one to decide whom should be given the chance to serve them. Actually now I am able to understand why politics is being called as a dirty game. So friends please submit your suggestions on the topic so that I could understand whether this is the conditions in all other countries politics also or just we people are facing it over here. What I think where ever money and power comes in between the dirty games are being played like this and it will be continued for ever.?

Well, if politics is a profession then we can implement this professional qualification rule, but unfortunately it is not. The main motive of politics is to serve and lead people. I agree that some people doesn't have minimum educational qualifications, and don't know what is happening in the world. But we should remember that leadership doesn't come from formal education. Education is only an advantage. We had seen many great politicians in the world who doesn't have school education, but served and lead people very well. Politics is for the people, and great leaders come only from people. These professional barriers should not stop them. If the person can't able to talk in front of people it doesn't mean that he can't serve people. May be he has some other capability. But, I must agree that politics in our country (India) is like business, and if we implement a rule that politicians should have some professional qualification, our so great politicians will simply buy and create fake certificates, that is just a simple matter for them. You may think that our electronic media will catch these type of people. But I have seen many cases where these politicians manage to change their Caste certificates as well, and media did nothing. Politics in our country is just a crap, and no one can clean it now. Don't worry, almost all of the youth like us are educated, so future generation leaders are educated. No need to implement a rule in the future... If you want to implement some rule, the first rule I want to put is that two people from same family should not be given highest posts like ministers, Chief Minister, Prime Minister etc in succession... This bad practice is now running in our country, and sometimes I doubt that is our country is really democratic? :)

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Well I too can only talk about India since I do not know about the political situation in the rest of the world. I think in India the present generation of political leaders are not at all helping in the progress of the country. They care about their own wealth and power all the time. And when they feel that they are losing their fame, they take up some dramatic act in order to gain lost name. They ask their party supporters to do something violent like vandalizing public property (like we've seen in Hyderabad in the last two days) all in the name of some cause. They could have done it in a peaceful manner too. But the "leaders" only care about themselves and will go to any extent to ensure that they remain in power. Well as xpress said, the future generation looks somewhat promising because at least they're educated.Talking about political leaders in general, however, I don't think there should be a qualification for them - their actions should speak for themselves. They should be given a high position of power only if they show some sign that they will be able to do full justice to that position. And after getting the position if they become corrupt then they should immediately be removed instead of waiting for the term to be finished.