xisto Community

HelloI recently installed MinervaSEO in my Invision Power Board 2.3.6 forumafter I did all the file edits and set everything up things are weird....the chat box fails to loadwhen you login you are redirected to a blank pageNO images load anymorea  is displayed at the top of the forumPlease help!!!!111

That looks like a BOM marker caused from saving a file in an incorrect method using a crappy text editor.The new files should be inspected in a 'good' text editor (ie, not ms word) and re-saved as type: UTF-8 without BOM.Should work then.

As long as your board is legally licensed, you won't have an issue with installation. :) We are starting to encode our modifications for IPB now, so basically any nullified or unlicensed forums will not work with our mods. :o

That looks like a BOM marker caused from saving a file in an incorrect method using a crappy text editor.The new files should be inspected in a 'good' text editor (ie, not ms word) and re-saved as type: UTF-8 without BOM.

Should work then.

rofl I use notepad for all my work.
so that means I'll have to go through all my edits again? :S
cuz it's like 10+ files that were edited >_<

btw, the images not showing up I fixed, I was missing a /
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

Ok I redone all the edits and encoded them into UTF-8 and I reinstalled everything... chat box still will not load and I get this at the top of my page..  any other suggestions? or am I gonna have to remove the whole thing... -.- was a pain editing all those files :)EDIT** well thankfully it's alot easier to get rid of it then it is to install it :o as soon as i got rid of it all the problems were fixedthanks your your suggestions. too bad I didn't get it to work... I really wanted that friendly URL feature :D

Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)