xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Toby2

Computer Will Not Boot, Please Help.

I have just finished building a new computer and it will not boot. When I hit the power button all the fans and LED's come on for about one second then shuts off. The case I have is an AZZA Solano 1000 and the instructions are pretty horrible. The only thing that I am worried about not connecting right are the front panel connectors (power/reset/HDD LED), because the instructions do not specify which wires are positive or negative. The power supply is 850W so I doubt it is a lack of power. There are no beeps occurring during the one second that it is on indicating the general area to be looking for the problem. I have checked all the seating of the components and the power cable connections. I have also tried various combinations of the 4 sticks of RAM I have in case one of them is bad. I had a great time building my first custom rig; but, of course, pretty bummed i can't get it working. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Toby, make sure you have connected all possible power connectors into your motherboard. Also make sure, that your CPU and heatsink are connected correctly, if not, your going to experience a meltdown with your CPU.

CPU overheat

Even I wouldn't want that to happen.. Just make sure your heatsink is correctly connected to your CPU to avoid any major damage. If this is yout first time in building a PC, here are some helpful links:

I think this describes your issue:

Problem: The PC does not boot, the power and HDD LED does not come on, there is no display on monitor.

Solution: Check that your main power cable is plugged into the ATX power supply. Make sure you have connected the ATX power connector to the motherboard. Check if the cable for the power switch at front of the PC is connected to the correct pins on the motherboard.

Problem: The power LED comes on but the PC does not boot, there is no display on monitor.

Solution: Check if the processor is firmly into the socket. Check CPU jumpers to verify if CPU frequency is correctly set.

Source: Build Easy PC

How to build your own PC (Personal Computer)

If you are thinking of building your own PC (Personal Computer), or need practical information about PC hardware or software, you have come to the right place. With easy to follow step by step guide combined with many images even a beginner can build, configure and setup their own PC.

Build Easy PC gives you an opportunity to learn more about Personal Computer hardware and software. We provide clear easy to follow step by step instructions on how to build your own PC, according to your own specification. By building your own PC you get exactly what you need and can save yourself allot of money compared to buying a new manufactured PC.

Posted Image

At the end of the guide you will have a fully functional PC that should hopefully meet your individual needs. We also provide advice and instructions on installing a specific hardware, this can be useful if you already have a PC and want to upgrade or add certain hardware.

The information is placed under appropriate category. The Hardware section provides information about all the required PC hardware such as motherboard, CPU, memory etc. It provides guidance to help you decide which hardware is suitable for your needs. Our illustrated step by step guide shows you how to assemble a PC from scratch.

The software section shows you how to setup a new hard disk using appropriate software, so it's ready for installing an operating system. Installation guide for Windows XP and Windows Vista is provided so that your system is up and running quickly and smoothly. If you encounter any problems the troubleshooting section should take care of things. So what are you waiting for, start building a PC today.

Hardware

How to build a PC

Hardware Information

Assemble the PC

How-to Guide

Software

BIOS Setup

HDD Partition & Format

Install Windows XP

Install Windows Vista

Troubleshooting

Common Issues

I hope this helps you!

the CPU sounds a good thing to check. Other than that it could be a short circuit causing the PSU's circuit breaker to flip. Try the CPU first, then check for shorts (eg badly connected connections.) and unplug everything except the mobo I think if the mobo connection is wrong (or the PUS perceives it as wrong, perhaps due to a MOBO fault) the power supply will either do nothing, or do what you described. So double check everything on the PSU, RAM, GFX, CPU, peripherals etc....

Woot! Got it working and running great now. I basically tore it completely down and did everything from scratch. Before I started putting it back together I did the paper clip trick with the PSU to make sure it worked. Started adding one component at a time and finally got everything to work. Somewhere in the original build I must have connected something wrong. Anyways, thank you for the replies.