xisto Community
amyk

Developin Orkut Like Website

i m trying to develop an orkut like website using java..i m quite efficient in j2se,j2ee,javascript...what is confusing is sending n receiving scraps cannot b simply insert in and retrieve from database!! so, what protocol is used there??i know there r many probs m going to face!!so plz help me out with suggestions, ideas n whatever possible......... :):(

You'll not get exact clone scripts. But you can search for some scripts. I found this while surfing. You may want to search for facebook clone script string or orkut clone script string. That way you'll get many results. You can even edit buddypress and make it look like orkut. You can also use ning to be like orkut. There are many such scripts which are directly or indirectly be used as clone scripts.

Check sites like scriptcopy, that will help you get some start in your search. (Personal suggestion: code on your own with php that way you'll able to patch security issues).

you can get loads of scripts for this and also many are free but the most and nice one are expensive still you can get thembut its nice if you will make this on your own.i am sure it will be a bit bad experience in making it