xisto Community
Dak1ng

Windows 7 Has Very Long Installation Time (3-4 Hrs.) Want to update to Windows 7? Be warned-youll need 3-4 hours of ti

Will you upgrade to Windows 7?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I checked out VirtualBox and found out that even though I'd be able to run it, I only have the power to run XP or earlier, and even that would be slow because the VirtualBox would take up memory, too.

If you have RAM above 256 then (i think about 512) then you can run linux/xp along with virtual operating system without any trouble. I run multiple os on my computer with 1GB RAM. Virtualbox is good but i found VMWare have more features and it's vmware tools make it easy to drag drop file from desktop to virtual machine. If you have choice to go in between virtualbox and vmware server workstation then go with vmware. But in any case you need more RAM(and diskspace as well to store your data).

It all depends on your hardware how long it will take.
plus your right. most computers that was loaded with XP probably won't run 7 all that well, but some of then were ordered with, or have been upgraded with better specs. also know that Win7 comes with a $400 price tag.
3-4hours?!? what do you have a pacman possessor?!?!! :)

My computer came with XP media center edition and it has 3.6GHz and 500MB RAM

Meh. I'd rather just use Windows Seven Transformation Pack
http://www.winxtp.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

You probably tried doing an "upgrade" version of it. Installing Windows 7 on my 3-year old PC took about 20 minutes to install (fresh) and yes, it did almost take 3-4 hours doing an upgrade. Why? Because Win7 needs to compress, install, and then unpack all of the files.