xisto Community
Soviet Rathe

Help With My Web Form

I've been trying to get a web form on my IPB forum to work with no luck. I used Dreamweaver to make it but after I fill it out and press submit nothing happens. I heard you need some kind of script on your server some where.. Basically what I need is a web form where after the submit button it clicked the results are sent to me through email or maybe even PM on the forums Cheers :)

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">  <label>    </label>  <label>   Forum Name:	<input type="text" name="textfield" tabindex="name" />  </label> Email Address: <label> <input type="text" name="textfield2" tabindex="email" /> </label> <p>File Title:    <label>   <input type="text" name="textfield3" tabindex="title" />   </label> File URL:  <label> <input type="text" name="textfield4" tabindex="url" /> </label> OR Upload:  <label> <input type="text" name="textfield5" tabindex="upload" /> </label> </p> <p>File Description (Public):    <label>   <textarea name="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" tabindex="desc"></textarea>   </label> File Type:  <label> <select name="select" tabindex="type">   <option selected="selected">Please Select</option>   <option>Mod/Other game Modification</option>   <option>Music</option>   <option>Video</option>   <option>Tool</option>   <option>Software</option>   <option>Other</option> </select> </label> </p> <p>Other File Information (Not Public):    <label>   <textarea name="textarea2" cols="30" rows="5" tabindex="otherinfo"></textarea>   </label> Has this file been Virus-Checked?  <label> <input type="checkbox" name="checkbox" value="checkbox" tabindex="virus" /> </label> </p> <p> </p> <p>   <label>   <center><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" tabindex="Submit" /></center>   </label>   <label></label> </p></form>

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
Without an action, your form won't do a lot. You will need to point the action to a file that takes your form's values and emails them to you. This will most likely be done with PHP. There are plenty of tutorials available online, such as this one that explain how to make the script. Or just click this for the search results: search:php email form tutorial